MH Tire Size Question

SWharton

Don't have any idea what Class A you have, gas/diesel, F53 frame or air suspension?  I am guessing going with a smaller wider tire wouldn't cause any issues.  Wonder what size the original tires were suppose to be?

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

WE have a Winnebago F53. Original size 235/80. This of course is a Michelin only size. GRRRRR.... so most people switch to the 245/75, a more standard size. We have been weighed and the 245 would work but I feel a lot more comfortable with the 265 and its weight capacity.

Just wanted to check with those in the know if thee was something inherently wrong with doing this.

Looks like it's a little under an inch taller, and a little over an inch wider. Your spedo/odometer will be slightly off, but only slightly. From here.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

You can get the engine manufacturer to adjust the speedometer.  When we changed tire sizes Cummins made the computer change.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I zoned when they said they were looking for fronts only, but Bill is correct. Some tire shops can also do it, as part of the sale. In the case of rear tires, that wider tread face may cause sidewall interference, so shop carefully. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

Thanks for the speedometer info. Probably not enough of  difference to worry about.

The tire guy checked and said we had plenty of clearance in the rears. Won't be for a few years yet.

We were planning to wait for the fronts until next spring but he had them in stock, fresh date so we decided to take advantage while we were here.

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, SWharton said:

Just wanted to check with those in the know if thee was something inherently wrong with doing this.

Without some sort of approval from the vehicle manufacture, it's a safety violation. 

38' fiver - Dodge Dually

AKA: FastEagle

USN Retired - DOD Retired - SSA Retired

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 7:10 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

Looks like it's a little under an inch taller, and a little over an inch wider. Your spedo/odometer will be slightly off, but only slightly. From here.

He said fronts. Unless he has a GMC MH it doesn't matter.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 1/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, SWharton said:

Putting on heavier duty tires would be a safety violation????

FYI. Everyone changes tire sizes since the mfgs. do not make the same size tires, especially Michelin who makes numerous odd size tires.

No, no violation of any kind. Just like putting wider/different tires on your hotrod back in the day.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 9/28/2019 at 8:15 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

I zoned when they said they were looking for fronts only,

Thanks, Ray. Not like I wasn't already called out on it.

Please e-mail us here.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

Thanks, Ray. Not like I wasn't already called out on it.

I apologize, I didn't mean to be insulting, sorry.