SWharton

MH Tire Size Question

Just came back from Alaska and needed new fronts. Original size is 235/80 22.5. I want to put on 265/75 22.5. Plenty of space. Any problems with doing this?

Don't have any idea what Class A you have, gas/diesel, F53 frame or air suspension?  I am guessing going with a smaller wider tire wouldn't cause any issues.  Wonder what size the original tires were suppose to be?

WE have a Winnebago F53. Original size 235/80. This of course is a Michelin only size. GRRRRR.... so most people switch to the 245/75, a more standard size. We have been weighed and the 245 would work but I feel a lot more comfortable with the 265 and its weight capacity.

Just wanted to check with those in the know if thee was something inherently wrong with doing this.

I zoned when they said they were looking for fronts only, but Bill is correct. Some tire shops can also do it, as part of the sale. In the case of rear tires, that wider tread face may cause sidewall interference, so shop carefully. 

Thanks for the speedometer info. Probably not enough of  difference to worry about.

The tire guy checked and said we had plenty of clearance in the rears. Won't be for a few years yet.

We were planning to wait for the fronts until next spring but he had them in stock, fresh date so we decided to take advantage while we were here.