Microsoft releases out-of-band security update to fix IE zero-day & Defender bug

RV_

I just downloaded the update about an hour ago and it did fine. I opened settings/Updates and security/Windows update and then clicked on check for updates. Critical and patched out of cycle it's that bad.

Excerpt:

"Microsoft has released an emergency out-of-band security update today to fix two critical security issues -- a zero-day vulnerability in the Internet Explorer scripting engine that has been exploited in the wild, and a Microsoft Defender bug.

The updates stand out because Microsoft usually likes to stay the course and only release security updates on the second Tuesday of every month. The company rarely breaks this pattern, and it's usually only for very important security issues.

This is one of those rare occasions, and Windows users are advised to install today's updates as soon as possible. The patch for the IE zero-day is a manual update, while the Defender bug will be patched via a silent update."

The whole story is here: https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-releases-out-of-band-security-update-to-fix-ie-zero-day-defender-bug/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Could this be the bug that allowed the passwords to be stripped from my computer. It also requires me to sign-in each time I use my Outlook acct.

I getting to old for this, lets go back to DOS 6.23 or was it 3.23

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C