Highway 93 in Arizona

maggie blair

I’m going to be traveling from Las Vegas Nevada down to Casa Grande. I’m wondering if anybody could tell me what Highway 93 is like all the way to Wickenburg. Windy, hilly, traffic etc. I have a 27 foot class C and I tow a car behind it. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me. 

Maggie

Edited by maggie blair
Mistakes

Maggie Blair

Mostly rolling hills, with a couple steep climbs. Long passing lanes on the hills. Traffic usually moves along pretty well. Lots of empty spaces, with lots of miles between services. Fuel up before heading out. Vegas is lots cheaper fuel than anywhere along the road.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

We travel Hwy 93 several times a year towing our fifth wheel.  It is good road, and yes there are some long grades to negotiate, but just take your time.  Do not be intimidated by traffic following you, just pull off only when safe.  Even if you were going 80 MPH, there would still be people wanting to go faster.  Make sure you understand the signs when going around the traffic circles in Wickenburg, as they can be confusing if you are not familiar with which road you need to take, as hwy 93 ends and you will be on Hwy 60 east, even though you will think you are going south.

11 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Mostly rolling hills, with a couple steep climbs. Long passing lanes on the hills. Traffic usually moves along pretty well. Lots of empty spaces, with lots of miles between services. Fuel up before heading out. Vegas is lots cheaper fuel than anywhere along the road.

Thanks so much. Good to know about passing lanes. I drive slow (55) and worry about traffic backing up behind me. 

Maggie Blair

9 hours ago, 57becky said:

We travel Hwy 93 several times a year towing our fifth wheel.  It is good road, and yes there are some long grades to negotiate, but just take your time.  Do not be intimidated by traffic following you, just pull off only when safe.  Even if you were going 80 MPH, there would still be people wanting to go faster.  Make sure you understand the signs when going around the traffic circles in Wickenburg, as they can be confusing if you are not familiar with which road you need to take, as hwy 93 ends and you will be on Hwy 60 east, even though you will think you are going south.

Thank you for the information on the traffic circles. Those are confusing. 

Maggie Blair

13 minutes ago, harley-dave said:

Watch the oncoming traffic carefully as people tend to pass when they shouldn't. We keep our headlights on the entire length since people are such idiots. Been many head-ons on that stretch of highway. A lot of it has been replaced now by 4 lane separated highway which helps.

Dave

Thank you Dave. I appreciate your information. 

Maggie Blair

We just drove 93 from Kalispell MT to Prescott Valley AZ in our MH! Generally a great road especially thru MT and ID. From Vegas to Prescott it can be a little rough in places but no more than I40. We enjoyed the trip immensely but then again we aren't in a rush to get anywhere and enjoy staying off the Interstates.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/