ToddF

TT Membership Found please disregard

120 Booking window minimum

21 Days Park to Park minimum

Must include the following parks:

Lake and Shore (Seaville NJ)

Timothy Lake South (East Stroudsburg PA)

Orlando (Clermont FL)

3 additional parks in FL and/or AZ.

Todd Fogelberg

(I am at Lake and Shore now)

Bonus parks can't expire after 5 years.

Don't need cabins, RPI, or ability to will membership.

Edited by ToddF
Found membership

You probably already know this, but if you don't find what you are looking for most everyone recommends Campground Membership Outlet for both selling and purchasing used memberships.  They make their money from the transfer fees, so it doesn't cost you any extra for using their service.  Also, they have a reputation for responding to inquiries quickly.  Their website is: https://www.campgroundmembershipoutlet.com/

Yes, also reaching out to campgroundmembership outlet..I'm conducting a broad search, hoping to uncover a hidden gem. (Some of the contracts have very desirable features).

Also using ebay and craigslist.

Have been camping in TT since Fall '16 when I signed up for the zone pass, then added the Trails Collection. They have conservatively saved me $4,000 over this 4 year period (projection as the 4th year starts on Oct 1, 2020). If the right deal comes along, I'm looking for a longer term commitment. 

They offer 3 different lifetime memberships now ranging from "Basic Elite" to the "Ultimate Odyssey". But they no longer offer "bonus parks" with their new memberships. The TT basic menu of parks only has 1 park in AZ and 3 in FL, one of which is Peace River and not a good location as far as I am concerned. You can add the Trails Collection (TC) and get access to over 100 parks (many very good parks in FL, TX, and AZ) but one can accomplish that with just a zone pass. Unless a membership turns up with "Bonus parks" written into the contract,  maybe I'm better off staying with the Zone pass + TC. The TC is offered on a "limited basis" so there is no guarantee that program is going to continue in the future. What got me even thinking about a lifetime membership is my desire to spend more than 14 days on the Jersey Shore without having to move and do the 7 days out. It's $50+ night down here to camp at any of the other private campgrounds and they're not as nice as Lake and Shore on Ocean View. I'm 5 miles from Sea Isle City and 10 from Avalon - 2 wonderful beach towns. The park has everything one could want. I grew up coming to the Jersey shore as a child, so the area has a strong appeal to me. A permanent site at Lake and Shore is over $6,000 annually!

We think the Trails Collection is a good deal, depending on the part of the country you are going to be in.  Honestly, just one week in a TC park more than pays the annual fee.  We used the TC last year in Maine to give us a great location at Bar Harbor. 

This year as I planned I didn't see much need for TC so I didn't get it.  Next year I'll go back on the program.  That's a great option to have.

Our membership was an old NACO-Alliance.  When we upgraded we wanted to keep our Alliance privileges so we upgraded through Thousand Trails.  The main perk we kept was being able to book at any Thousand Trails 210 days out.  I book way ahead and then adjust dates as necessary as we are able.  

Good luck on your search.

The Trails Collection is such a valuable benefit, I'd be reluctant to let it lapse. There is always the possibility they will close it to new campers and roll it over for existing participants. If I don't find a great lifetime contract, I'll let my 4 year contract rollover automatically (automatic renewal for 1 year at a time from here on out)...here is how that will look based on current published pricing...

1st Zone $585

2nd Zone $ 54

TC             $214

Total         $853 / 12  $71.08 per month  (Right now I am paying $51.89 with the 4 year Hershey deal). (You can only do that once).

One thing I really like about the current arrangement is that it will be year to year with no lifetime commitment. Also, the 7 days out forces me to explore state parks, do a little boondocking etc. 

Campgroundmembershipoutlet.com turns out to be a great resource and I have decided to purchase through them. They serve as a clearing house and whatever fee is built into the price they quote, it is worth it to me. Very knowledgeable on all the different contracts and options and informative about what the nuances are between contracts. My expectation of "bonus parks" turns out not to be realistic, after all this research, I don't think there are contracts with permanent bonus parks built into the pool of available parks. But after doing more research, I am satisfied with the 86 or so parks that come with the Full elite membership, which is the one I have settled on. Buying on the resale market, brings the price down from the stratosphere and the worst case scenario is you can walk away from it after only 1 year of paying dues. Best case is of course to get many years of enjoyment from the membership and transfer it to a family member later on or sell it at the end.

I had a search in progress throughout this whole process that included ebay and I found one of those "hidden gems" I was hoping for. Confirmed by Thousand Trails and purchase completed via ebay, I found an Elite membership with a Florida Max Pass that transfers. TT can withdraw the "bonus parks" with 30 days notice but in practice has never done so that Becky at TT knows of. So I got the Full Elite Membership with 6 additional parks in Florida, and will be able to stay 21 days, park to park, etc.  I wanted more snowbird parks (not with the Trails Collection restrictions) and luckily found them.  I paid a premium to get these parks.