Hitting Utah National Parks

rickeieio

Before leaving home, Susan declared that I needed to pack enough undies and socks to last two weeks.  Still, the sheets need "freshening" once in a while.

Haven't found the hot springs. Been sorta busy.  We bumped into a guy in the grocery who is a local tour guide.  He told us of all sorts of places that aren't in the tourist brochures.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

22 hours ago, adept99 said:

Freshening???

Wow...

You can'r turn sheets inside out like you can undies.🤔

See you in a few weeks.  

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

On 9/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, 2gypsies said:

Chains won't be needed this time of year.

North Rim is definitely not more commercialized than the South Rim.  You may be mixing up the two.  North Rim is very quiet. We love it!!

North Rim services end around mid-October but the park is still open for viewing until the road closes for snow.... Nov/Dec.

I can't think of any highways your big rig can't go in that area except Hwy 9 west into Zion through the tunnels.

Have a fun trip!

Agree. The north rim is our favorite as well.

We've had a great time here.  Pulling out of Kanab today and heading towards the HDT rally.  We spent the past two days with friends who work/camp at Jacob Lake, so they know the are quite well.  Yesterday was best, spending it at the North Rim.  We spent about half our days doing things not on the maps, or in the visitors guides.  Chat with locals to find the hidden gems.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

It may be a good thing our plans were cast in jello.......  We're in Cortez, CO.  The plan was to run CO-160 to Walsenberg, the cut up CO-10 to US-50 and on to Hutch.  But Mother Nature doesn't always play nice.  50 years as a farmer, I should know better.  Wolf Creek Pass may be a little slippery tomorrow.  I don't carry chains.  I may delay departure to let the road get clear before heading out.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

It may be a good thing our plans were cast in jello.......  We're in Cortez, CO.  The plan was to run CO-160 to Walsenberg, the cut up CO-10 to US-50 and on to Hutch.  But Mother Nature doesn't always play nice.  50 years as a farmer, I should know better.  Wolf Creek Pass may be a little slippery tomorrow.  I don't carry chains.  I may delay departure to let the road get clear before heading out.

I know it's the wrong thread, but stop at the Malt Shoppe in Pagosa Springs.  Ask for the biggest ice cream cone they have, and grab a burger if you want a meal.  The restaurant just east of there is a nice sit-down place, good for a steak dinner by a fire overlooking the river when power to the town is out.

Having been on the slopes at Wolf Creek, I can attest to how much fun it can be in snow.  I bought chains (for the car) in town, where it was clear and dry, and was putting them on just a couple of miles east of the 84-160 intersection.  In four hours the car was parked, an additional 24" of snow fell.  It was a nice way to learn to fall on a snowboard, but a whole lot of work getting back on top of things.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Made it.  Wolf Creek was fine, not a hint of snow.  La Veta Pass was fine snow and fog, and then wet roads until about 15 miles west of Walsenberg.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN