flooding

GlennWest

Glad to hear that the "big stuff" appears to be OK. 

We dodged a bullet Tuesday morning when we decided to drive from Lufkin to Rockport by going west to Hearne to go around what, at that time, just appeared to be a normal rain storm.  When we got home to Rockport we discovered that this little rain storm had become a tropical storm!  Sometimes you get a lucky break!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Well spoke too soon. Didn't look wet from underneath bit open doors and floor damp. Put hand underneath and bottom is wet. Can't dry out today. Tommorow supposed to be sunny

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glen,

Just a question for you and the forum in general.  Does our trailer insurance cover flood damage or is it a special policy/endorsement  like a stick and brick house?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Ours does. We made sure we had complete coverage. They picking up my Smartcar today. I likely be totaled. Not a lot of money for these and with shop labor they total easily

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Glen,

Just a question for you and the forum in general.  Does our trailer insurance cover flood damage or is it a special policy/endorsement  like a stick and brick house?

Most people buy flood insurance for their sticks and bricks through the National Flood Insurance Program from FEMA.  It does not cover vehicles.  Your normal vehicle insurance should cover flood damage unless it specifically excludes it for some reason.  It's one of the reasons auto insurance (and RV) is so high along the Gulf Coast, lot's of flooded vehicles over the years.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Yes and all my work is here. We have been fortunate though. Harvery flooded everything around us but we were dry at the park we were in. This one is in a bowl with excellent drainage but that was too much for the pumps.

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Tool boxes got water in them on truck. Drilled some drain holes. Easy fix. Needed drains anyway. 

Not sure it would have helped in you situation but, anything in my side boxes that is moisture sensitive I put in plastic bags.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

I know someone mentioned a fan. You really need to get everything dry. You need to get air flow under the carpets, and floor mats/flooring. Otherwise your floors will never dry.  Even if the top of the floor feels dry. the moisture will get trapped between the floor and the flooring/carpet. I would call in a claim now and have them log the event. Flood damage could show up later down the road.

+1 on repacking the wheel bearings. Make sure there is no water sitting inside the axle tubes. If it does it will rust from the inside out.

Good luck and stay safe.

I got the inside dry yesterday. Today opened up part of the belly. Water trapped in there. Opened up larger area and proped it open for air flow. Got a powerful fan blowing in there. Got belly ballooned. It is drying out nicely. 

Dang Glenn,

Flood is a real pain to deal with for sure.

Too bad the Smart was not on the truck deck.

Floods strange animals, we once had a couple of barged on the Oregon coast moored in a flooding river very well moored but a barge up river broke moorage and hit ours and then our barge ran aground on a county road ....it was only a 300 ton barge so it only took a week and $$$$$ to refloat .

Hang in there ...  

Dolly and crew

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

1 hour ago, Dollytrolley said:

Dang Glenn,

Flood is a real pain to deal with for sure.

Too bad the Smart was not on the truck deck.

Floods strange animals, we once had a couple of barged on the Oregon coast moored in a flooding river very well moored but a barge up river broke moorage and hit ours and then our barge ran aground on a county road ....it was only a 300 ton barge so it only took a week and $$$$$ to refloat .

Hang in there ...  

Dolly and crew

Hey there DT!  Long time no hear from ya!  Hope all is well.

Glen, I'm surprised they're fixing the Smart.  The estimate is an Engine and trans rebuild.  Make sure they also do all the wheel bearings, and steering grease points.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Sealed the bottom of Teton this evening. Used acidtone to clean and gorilla tape. Then got eternanond and it adhears good. So another use for it. AC fixed too now. I was able to run my arm inside the bottom all over the storage area. All is dry. Now to find seals for the doors. I'm off next weekend so takle that then. Only worked till 2:00 today so getting some things done. On the Smartcar with there labor rates I suspect new carpet, computer and harness. They charge hundreds for spark plugs!!!

On 9/28/2019 at 8:38 AM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Hey there DT!  Long time no hear from ya!  Hope all is well.

Glen, I'm surprised they're fixing the Smart.  The estimate is an Engine and trans rebuild.  Make sure they also do all the wheel bearings, and steering grease points.

Yes Dollymomma has had the ole (un)stable boy out boondocking at horse trail camps since May without cell or internet service and her Spot SAT-Tracker / and satemail is slow and $$$ for only 140 characters so does not work for forum.

Will be down at Last Chance Peak Nevada in a few weeks and better net services and give the sat-services some rest.

Cheers

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

• 2 weeks later...

Its not to late. The insurance company can pull the plug at any time until the car is actually fixed. I have seen them start repairs and at 95% say they are done. Pay for the work done so far, cut a check to the owner and send the car to auction.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

I searched for 2016 Smartcar and found them around 10k. low miles. Several in Florida. Mercedes stated that was for labor. Stated car had to be totallly dismantled to repace wiring harness. 

VERY surprised they didn't TL.  You might tell them that every time a bulb burns out you're going to call them as part of the claim.  You might drop the bomb "Bad Faith" in the conversation. Doesn't really apply here, but that's an attention getter.

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........