Does anyone make a decent quality potable water hose?

Second Chance

I've tried a number of different brands and styles of water hoses... some are too stiff to work with when the temps are below 90 deg. F, others kink if you look at them the wrong way, and still others can't hold up to being pressurized all the time. Does anyone know of a brand/series of fresh water hose that they've been happy with? We have a heated hose for use in the winter - I'm looking for just a regular, non-heated hose that's safe for the fresh water system.

Thanks!

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Howdy!

We fulltime and I’ve been using the Zero G water hose for over three years and I’m very happy with it. The first one did spring a leak and was replaced a no cost and I have had zero problem since. I carry two 25’ Zero G hoses. They are easy to store even in old weather.

https://www.apexhose.com/lightweight-hose-zero-g/

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

2 hours ago, SWharton said:

Yes. RVwaterfilterstore.com makes a great hose. Will make it any length you want. We had had ours for 15 years or so.

Second this.  Bought new hoses when we started full-timing about ten years ago and they are still in like-new condition. Truly lifetime hoses with excellent machined fittings. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

2 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

Second this.  Bought new hoses when we started full-timing about ten years ago and they are still in like-new condition. Truly lifetime hoses with excellent machined fittings. 

Yet another recommendation!  We've had ours for >6 years and it it rolls up well on our power reel.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

5 hours ago, SWharton said:

Yes. RVwaterfilterstore.com makes a great hose. Will make it any length you want. We had had ours for 15 years or so.

We also use them for all our water items and hoses. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

One of our RVWaterFilterStore hose is 13 years old and it still in fine shape.  The cost is well less than the cumulative cost of cheap hoses.

By using 200 psi hoses allowed us to locate the pressure regulator in the RV rather that at the hose bib.  Our first hose, a standard type, was almost 2" in diameter when attached to a parl with 100 psi water pressure.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

We had the RV Water Filter Store make us a very short hose to go from the bib to our filters so the filters could sit on the ground and do their thing before the water even went into the longer hoses they made for us. The pressure regulator could go anywhere along the line since the hoses are rated for such high pressure. I liked knowing nothing bad was going into the hoses as well as into the tank.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Guess I'm odd man out. I bought 2, 10' Camco water hoses (SST ends) in 2005, still using them. Of course they get a bath/ submerged in a bleach solution for 24 hrs 2X every year.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I suspect that a lot of the life of any hose is partly in the way that it is cared for. It has been my observation that most of us do not make much effort to care for and preserve our fresh water hoses. We deploy them with little concern for protection for direct sun and harsh weather, and we put them away when cold & stiff in some sort of jumbelled mess since they don't roll up without first warming them. Eventualy I figured out that even a cheap hose would last far longer if it was treated better. I also found that I tended to be more careful with a hose that I had paid a higer price for. 😏 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk W covered what I was thinking and going to cover.  The hoses will last longer when they are cleaned and taken care of.  I clean the water hoses as needed (inside, outside, threads, etc).  I let them air out too after a good cleaning.  I also replace the O-ring as needed.  They have lasted several years now and still look new and are doing well.  I also have the Zero G for the colder times when I am RVing in the cold and snow.  It has done well.  

Richard "Doc" Strait, USN Retired

2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Point of Contact for the Military, Veterans, and Gold Star Families BOF

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tcwndsr said:

Does the dark color of the ZeroG cause the water to heat up more than you’d like?

Any water hose that is laying in the sun will allow the water in it to get quite hot if it is in direct sun. I use foam insulation on our hose for any extended stay to prevent heating or freezing, depending on the weather. If possible in warm weather or for short visits, I just run the hose over and under the RV to keep it in shade and don't bother with the insulation. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We use the cheap Camco ones as I just feel better about changing them from time to time.   We insulated ours for winter and then just left the insulation on.   Used the lengths of pipe insulation, Reflectix and a good tape - that is the standard here.   I have heard those cool ones that coil up do not last very long, and they are expensive, and have not heard good things about the ones that come "heated" for winter.  In the AZ desert, the water came out of the ground lines very hot! (The freeze line there is not deep at all, but where the freeze line is deeper, the water isn't as hot coming into the hose.)  So much depends on location.

Cathy

I just spent an hour or so on Amazon looking at hose reviews. Not one of the brands has great reviews with few 1 of 5's. I finally settled on a 25ft Flexilla. That RV hose store had a notice saying they are not making hoses. Don't know if that is temp or what. I wish I saw the comment about Tractor supply I would have checked that out since I'm getting a propane tank filled there tomorrow.

If hose reviews aren't good looking at sewer hose reviews is positively depressing. I bought a Rhinoflex at Wally World this summer and when I used it a few days latter it leaked like someone had fired a load of bird shot at it. Of course the store was far down the road and I didn't save the receipt.

I bought a Thetford online today.

Edited by agesilaus

I've been using my Flexzilla hoses daily for a few months now with no signs of any leaks or other problems.If I have to complain about something, it would only be that I'm not a big fan of the bright green color... :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system