Ford F450 Insurance

EnjoyingLife

We called Progressive today as we presently have a F350, but wanted to move up to an F450 as we have a heavier fifth wheel now.  When we called Progressive said that they do not cover F450 unless it is on a commercial policy and we tried to explain that it is just to pull our RV and the F450 has a regular truck bed, no flatbed.  Can anyone give us what companies will insure a F450 without paying commercial rates?  Thanks

On 9/16/2019 at 8:38 PM, EnjoyingLife said:

We called Progressive today as we presently have a F350, but wanted to move up to an F450 as we have a heavier fifth wheel now.  When we called Progressive said that they do not cover F450 unless it is on a commercial policy and we tried to explain that it is just to pull our RV and the F450 has a regular truck bed, no flatbed.  Can anyone give us what companies will insure a F450 without paying commercial rates?  Thanks

What state is the truck registered in?     Commercial insurance is a different line but not necessarily more expensive.

I have my Peterbilt insured in Kansas under a commercial policy with a million liability for 1000.00 a year.

Edited by Steve from SoCal

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!

I use USAA and they insured my MDT 4400 International Custom Hauler.used to tow our 44’ 5er.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

• 5 months later...
On 10/6/2019 at 3:11 PM, Consolenut said:

State Farm insured my Topkick 4500 as a normal vehicle. No commercial insurance.

Sorry to bump an old thread, But I'm working with a State Farm agent who doesn't like weird stuff.  How is you truck insured? what hoops did you have to jump through? Did you declare it to be an RV?

2 hours ago, solo318 said:

Sorry to bump an old thread, But I'm working with a State Farm agent who doesn't like weird stuff.  How is you truck insured? what hoops did you have to jump through? Did you declare it to be an RV?

A topkick c4500, like the ford f450 subject line are pick up or chassis cab trucks nothing weird about them....

I have the 2017 F 450 Insurance with National General.

When I called the first person I talked with couldn’t even find such a truck, quoted F350 so I asked for a supervisor. 
She laughed and said yes they insure as a SEMI !  I had to go out and measure the length bumper to bumper and the quote was LESS than the F350 quote, go figure, 

• 4 weeks later...

I am not aware of this being available in other states than Cali, BUT, there is a way to challenge the commercial registration (which is the default here for pickups).  It is a personal use exemption which has some different options.  I ran into an older man giving up towing a large 5er, which he did with an F550 which had this personal use exemption, which he got by having the truck inspected with the hitch installed.  It dropped the registration considerably, as Cali also charges weight fees on commercial trucks.  My current '16 3500 costs me  over $800 a year for registration.  But it is a service truck for work.  My '07 3500 costs me over $550 a year.  I will be getting  the exemption for this truck when the DMV gets back to normal service.

This may help the issue of commercial insurance IF you can show that the vehicle is registered non-commercial.

Marcel

I just changed insurance carriers the end of April from one big national company to another. We have almost the same declaration page with the same coverages plus additional coverage for the contents of the rig which is our home. This is saving us over $1,000.00 per year. But there is a but. You need to domicile in California or Texas and I am limited to 12,500 miles per year on the tractor which is licensed in Texas as a private truck.

Dave

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

I just insured my Sport Chassis here in Fort Worth under a personal policy with Stat  e Farm.  Then I had them quote everything I own and they ended up with all my business.  Then the rate on the Sport Chassis went down.  Very nice people to work with.  Id be happy to share contact info if anyone is interested.

• 10 months later...