Winegard crank up TV antenna issue

Maddawg46

There is a spring that holdes the rotation in place if you pull down on that ourter knob, but it may have some problem. If you remove the crank for raising the antenna (this requires an allen wrench) you can disassemble it but that spring will try to push eventhing out so use care when doing so. 

Capture.JPG

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

One area where the batwing shines and the Jack not so much is when you're in one of the markets with one or more VHF channels. The Jack is a poor VHF performer unless you're fairly close to the towers. The batwing "Wingman" add-on boosts the UHF performance, and in a head to to head comparison by a licensed broadcast engineer, the batwing/Wingman combo significantly outperformed the Jack. If your batwing is not performing as well as the Jack, then there's likely a failure either in the pre-amplifier section in the head or a poor coax connection somewhere in the feed to the TV.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27171026.cfm

Oops! I see that the photos are not displaying in the article. I may have another source if I can find it. Stay tuned... ;)

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

If you get up on the ladder and inspect it, you will see the piece that rotates has a little nub sticking down. On the base there are two knobs sticking up. They are to keep the antenna from rotating too far. The nub can get caught between the nubs. You will see what I am talking about when you look. If this is the problem, lift and turn. Then go inside and remove the crank, spring and round piece that you use to rotate the antenna. Look inside and you will see a plastic nut. Use a deep socket to tighten by hand. I don’t remember the size. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

On 9/11/2019 at 6:04 PM, Carolaow said:

How long since you last used it?  If it's been a while, try spraying some lubricating oil down there from the rooftop mount, then go inside and try to spin it.

image.png.7abb7d9580030ee51aec2ac489b203

I must do that every other year. Last year I used aerosol waterproof grease instead of oil. The antenna still turns freely, so no grease perhaps even next year.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

13 hours ago, Tom_M said:

An important note about lube. As per instructions, use only silicone based lube. Anything else can degrade the rubber seals and plastic parts.

A year too late for me, oh well, I've been considering a new flat model anyway.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961