Camping Buddies

Buddies

The very best such club is the Escapees RV Club but there are several others. When we were much younger and did a lot of hiking and tenting we belonged to the National Campers & Hikers Association, which is now known as Family Campers & RVers.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

19 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

The very best such club is the Escapees RV Club but there are several others. When we were much younger and did a lot of hiking and tenting we belonged to the National Campers & Hikers Association, which is now known as Family Campers & RVers.

We have also enjoyed camping with both of those organizations although there doesn't appear to be a currently active chapter of the former NCHA in Minnesota and we never checked out a local group of the Escapees, choosing instead to go to Escapade and to camp each winter with members of our SKP graduating class. Reports I have read of regional SKP gatherings sound like lots of fun, though.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Actually, we usually meet folks at the places we stay at and ask or be asked to go along on either a hike, nature walk or a tour in the area.  We had one couple mention they were going on to the same place we were and asked to meet up and go on a hike together in Rocky Mountain National Park.  We met them at the campground and went into the park and went down to Bear Lake.  Parking was at a premium so it worked out well that we only had one vehicle.  The advantage in doing this is that we don't have to schedule around a clubs activity dates and it's much easier to go when we want and meet folks already there and who usually have the same interests as we do.

Edited by Mr. Camper

We are camping this week with Escapees Indiana Chapter 51 Fall Rally. There are also some Escapees from the Michigan Chapter joining us. I think we have close to 30 rigs. Fun times! 

This winter we will be joining up with the Escapees Boondocking BOF and moving around Florida staying out of the snowy north. We also belong to other groups or have friends we have made on the road that we meet up with to camp together.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

On 9/10/2019 at 2:12 PM, chirakawa said:

You mean besides the Boy Scouts?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  😀

Good one!

Seriously, I don't know of any organization that specifically does that in the RV world.  Many chapters of several RV organizations will of course plan rallies where everyone meets at a certain CG.

Two years ago we were in SD for a motorcycle Trike rally.  The day before it started I got to talking to two other trike owners in our CG.  One was from TN and one from KY.  We all hit it off and more importantly our wives became good friends.  We meet up in different parts of the country now at least twice a year to ride.  

After wintering in the same spot in SW Florida for 2 years we have made some really good friends from there also.  To be honest having a "winter home" where you return to every year has been a wonderful experience for us.  It would be hard for us not to spend each winter down there with our group of friends now.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I camp a lot with a manufacturer specific owners group. I also enjoy talking to the people I meet in campgrounds, one of my friends who I traveled with has kept up with a couple we met on the Lu Lu Belle, then ran into them again in Haines. They spent a couple of weeks traveling with them this summer.

I like the idea of the local chapters of Escapees, and may pursue it later on, once I figure out what I’m going to do after the house closes. 

I had at one point joined a women’s RVing group but it seemed their activities kept coinciding with my other camping group and I never got involved.

Edited by fpmtngal

Your profile says you're female.  There are a few groups for women that you'd probably enjoy.  They get together as a group and help each other with RV problems they may be having; do activities such as hiking, boating, potlucks, etc.  Sometimes they then break up in smaller groups and travel together.  Here are some:

http://www.lonersonwheels.com/

http://www.rvingwomen.org/

http://rvsingles.org/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel