Interstate 70 through Kansas City

Pull Dog

I have not been through there is several months but if it should be closed there is the I-435/470 bypass to the south. I have traveled the eastern half of that route as we came up I-35 from the south to go east on I-70. I would be very surprised if the entire higway is closed for construction, but anything is possible. I did look at both the Kansas & Missouri highway department road reports and found nothing to indicate any interstate roadclosures in KC, KS or KC, MO. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We came through Kansas City on I-70 westbound on 8/27/19. The only closure we encountered was at the I-435 South exit on the west side of the city The detour was a short one. Exit I-70. left under I-70. Left onto I-70 East. Immediate exit onto I-435 south. We were headed to I-35 South. The I-470 to I-435 would have been shorter, but for some reason the GPS did not take us that way and I missed the I-470 exit. We usually come in on US-50 which merges with I-470 at Lees Summit and avoids most of the congestion of I-70 around the City.

Edited by trailertraveler

It would be very rare for whole interstates to be closed.... except for hurricane waters.  If there are detours just follow the signs as the semi trucks do.  They're not going to put detours in place where you can't drive.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel