Camping World

Twotoes

8 hours ago, SnowGypsy said:

I was watching a video of a man who purchased a travel trailer from CW, and he said he did because CW was the only one that carried that model.  He was right.  I wonder if CW actually contracted to have some cut-rate units made for them.  In the case of CW, it is not a case of negative comments being more likely posted, far too many with the same darn issues leading me to believe that it is their "business model".  Marcus "Lemon" (I have had emails with me and trust me "Lemon") concerning their business practices.  He only cares about getting his name in the news and making the biggest profit without caring what it takes to do it.  He is a real "piece of work"!  CW has devoured small RV dealerships which is really sad, because those smaller RV dealerships stayed in business by providing good customer service.  I was saddened when Good Sam was devoured by CW as we had been members of Good Sam for more than 25 years at that time.  I bet "Lemon" would love to devour the Escapees!

The majority of these CW  "dealerships" are not actually owned by CW, they are still actually owned by the same company. For instance, Camping World of Indianapolis is actually still owned by Stoutes RV. The business papers state Stoutes RV dba Camping World of Indianapolis.

In Clarksville, IN. there used to be Tom Stinnet RV, which became Camping World. The owner of Tom Stinnet RV must have became disillusioned with CW, because a few years ago the CW signage came down, replaced with Tom Stinnet RV signage.

As to reasons, I choose not to speculate.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961