Slide out floor rot

Danandfreda

I’m starting to replace the floor in our 2011 drv rssb3 small dresser slide out. I’m sure somebody has done this before. It doesn’t look like the walls need support like if we’re a full slide. Looks like steel slides on both sides support it. It’s not rotted all the way back and only looks to be 3/4 inch but we just had over 2.5 inches of rain and the wood is soaked. Looks like the sealant was skimped on and then no way for it to get out. Any tips would be appreciated 

It is possible to piece a section. You would have to connect it together good. Maybe tongue and groove. I had a section bad on previous Drv on kitchen slide. Drain hose from fridge detriated and drain to floor. I pieced that section. Tounge and groove. Steel connectors. It was good until I traded it. Lost track of it then.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Howdy!

I’m in Goshen, IN at Affinity RV Group which is a very good RV repair service having work done on my RV for delamination. I spoke to another RVer who has a DRV that I beleive he said 7 years old. He is having all three of his slideout floors rebuilt do to water damage. Him and the repair service manager advised it is not unusual on DRV’s do to the way the slide floor is attached. They stated by removing the lower portion slide panel and placing a strip of Eternabond tape along the bottom of the slide would prevent water damage which is what they will do when repairing the new floor. Of course manufacturers don’t waist money on this simple fix but it cost RV owners thousands for repairs later. I don’t have a DRV but considering doing the same to the slides on my Cyclone Toy Hauler.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

We did this repair to our Landmark - click link below to read my post Bedroom Slide Floor Repair

Bill and Kelly

2014 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon

2011 Ford F350 Super Duty Deisel Dual Rear Wheel Extended Cab XLT

<p> Callie along for the ride - Raskal and Cocoa now watching over us from above

new blog: bkamericanodyssey.com