The RV Advisor?

Kirk W

I was wondering if anyone in the group has knowledge of the new (to me) group calling themselves The RV Advisor? Some years ago we were active members of the RV Consumer Group and found them to be very helpful, particularly for new RV buyers, but this one is completely new to me. From what I see on their website it would seem that they are competitors to the RV Consumer Group, but they are also a sales organization where RVCG isn't.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I've never heard of them, either, so spent a little bit of time looking at their website. 

It doesn't appear to me that they are competitors of RVCG -- as far as I could tell, they don't rate RVs (but I didn't look at the website in depth, so may have missed it if they do).  They do offer a lot of services which would be helpful for RVers.  I'm going to spend more time looking at their website in depth and may join just to try it out.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

RV Advisor appears to be primarily a one woman show. Gigi has years of experience in the RV dealership world and developed a great reputation (according to their website). Now she is recruiting other vendors to join her in developing a support system for all things RV. The website says "unbiased" but I'm not sure how that works with vendors like KOA having a vested interest. It looks to me like if you combined Escapees, Camping World, Passport America, etc. you'd get RV Advisor. Only time will tell if that's a good thing or not.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It sounds interesting, maybe "to good to be true" for the annual membership cost.  Too little info to make an informed decision.  When I googled, there were other articles.  Since they are just getting started, it isn't possible to see where they are going with this, but this article sort of clarifies what they "hope" to accomplish:   https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwomen/news/latest-news/2018/10/rv-entrepreneur-goes-national-with-members-only.html?page=all  That explains what is going on a little better.

Cathy

2 hours ago, SnowGypsy said:

his article sort of clarifies what they "hope" to accomplish

That was very informative. "a combination of Angie's List and TripAdvisor for RV enthusiasts" Thanks for the link. 

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

$500 for a small RV dealership to be "certified", then $200/yr dues. Anyone may join for $25/yr., for her advice/recommendations; this from a former salesperson who owned an RV sales business since 1986. I think we know about advice from sales people, like towing capability and safety. Nothing on that website says she has personal experience with towing or driving an RV. Apparently her business is connected with Booking Buddy and Trip Advisor.

Free enterprise at work, hope she can make it work-with accurate advice..

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961