Knee replacement gang

Hewhoknowslittle

Good luck to both of you. We pulled into Hutch today and there are 7 rigs here already. Pre rally happy hour at 4.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Striper said:

Hey Dave,

Good Luck today.  Got both you old timers in my prayers for a good outcome of todays event.

Joe

Howdy Joe,

Thanks us ole timers sure appreciate it.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

7 minutes ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Good luck to both of you. We pulled into Hutch today and there are 7 rigs here already. Pre rally happy hour at 4.

Brad

Howdy Brad,

please pass on my best wishes to everyone.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

13 hours ago, Danandfreda said:

Good to hear you guys got through ok hope your pain gets better soon I’ll have a beer for ya. Not looking forward to getting old like you guys any time soon take care

Danandfreda

you should look forward to your golden years, just don't drop the golden egg! 

13 hours ago, Striper said:

Glad to hear that you "Old Timers" got through your procedures and are doing well.  Guess that means I can hoist Bourbon, or 3, to your continued improvement.

Joe

Joe,

lift as many as you want, cause if I could get some I would supplement my Medes. 

6 hours ago, noteven said:

Howdy 

5 hours ago, sandsys said:

Glad to hear you both came through OK. Take the morphine as you need but but remember that's what made me puke so I was glad to get off it. 

Linda

Linda,

Off morphine now, but the pain is increasing again. 

Day 2 is not a under day, but it won't be long and it will be gone. 

How ya doing this morning Dave?

GCTaaehl.jpg

Howdy Roger,

they just took me off the knee flexer machine, I am doing 10 mg of oxycodone every 4 hours, pain is tolerable but there.  Going to order a good breakfast in a few minutes. Do you want to race walkers?

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

17 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

I'll put 2 bucks on Roger to win. lol.

Al

Al,

I would hate to let you down.

Doc was just in as said the  bruising  is much worse on this knee, and so will be the pain. He is correct, the pain is bad but I'm powering through it.  The doctor said the more flexibility I get it the less pain I'm going to have so he knows it's gonna hurt but he wants me to just go ahead and get it done, I'm taking 20 mg ove pain pills every four hours, but I'm walking the hospital shortly after taking the pain pills and it's really loosening up 

Going home today if I meet all the qualifications, and that's my Goal today  

Roger

Edited by Hewhoknowslittle

GCTaaehl.jpg

3 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Al,

I would hate to let you down.

Doc was just in as said the  bruising  is much worse on this knee, and so will be the pain. He is correct, the pain is bad but I'm powering through it.  The doctor said the more flexibility I get it the less pain I'm going to have so he knows it's gonna hurt but he wants me to just go ahead and get it done, I'm taking 20 mg ove pain pills every four hours, but I'm walking the hospital shortly after taking the pain pills and it's really loosening up 

Going home today if I meet all the qualifications, and that's my Goal today  

Roger

Howdy Roger,

They kept me overnight yesterday my knee hurt so bad I couldn’t move, later on in the afternoon they had me so dopped up I could tolerate the pain and was able walk do stairs get into and out of the chair.

If all goes well with the PT today they will send me home early afternoon.  So far this knee is more painful then the first one but it is getting better.

Oh, I just had C15 Cat installed in my walker 🤗  Honk Honk

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I hope both of you guys are doing fine. Did the doc say, let ice be your friend. Keep up with your PT and no time all this will be past you guys. Earlier this year my son had to have his knee rebuilt. I know what kind of pain he was in. I have faith in you guys that you can get thru this.

Al

Edited by alan0043

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, alan0043 said:

I hope both of you guys are doing find. Did the doc say, let ice be your friend. Keep up with your PT and no time all this will be past you guys. Earlier this year my son had to have his knee rebuilt. I know what kind of pain he was in. I have faith in you guys that you can get thru this.

Al

Howdy Al,

Thanks for your encouragement every little bit helps.  I just got the OK from the PT folks here at the hospital, they are sending me home.

Now it’s sit around and wait for Donna to get here then the 2 hour torture riding home in the car.  Sure will be great to sit on my own pot and sleep in my own bed, betcha those dogs will be glad to see me and jump on the right leg, just like they did on the left one 6 weeks ago.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

We just got home and in my recliner. Dave you hit the nail on the head, as the dogs were so happy to see me the left knee took quite a beating, but who could be mad at the dogs and there blind love. I can’t. 

2 hour ride home, no way for me. 20 minutes tops. 

Roger

Howdy Roger,

I am still waiting for Donna to get here the 2 hour ride home is a real bitch but there is nothing I do but grit my teeth and geterdone.  I sure am looking forward to the adjustable bed, getting on and off the toilet is NOT my favorite thing to do.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

24 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Reading this is NOT making me look forward to getting old.🤣

Howdy ricky,

I have said it before, getting old is NOT for sissies.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

28 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Reading this is NOT making me look forward to getting old.🤣

My plan is to bribe the back bone doc and the knee doc to knock me pout and do everything at once.... Keep me in a stupor until all the rehab is done the let me go....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Getting old was fun, being old sucks.  That said, being old doesn't mean we forget how to play, we just need to adjust.

Stupid hurts, even worse when you don't heal as fast.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

10 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Roger,

I am still waiting for Donna to get here the 2 hour ride home is a real bitch but there is nothing I do but grit my teeth and geterdone.  I sure am looking forward to the adjustable bed, getting on and off the toilet is NOT my favorite thing to do.

Dave

I figured out I could turn my walker backwards and put it over the toilet to give me bars to use to push myself upright. Worked well.

Plus, my insurance paid all but $10/day to have one of those continuous passive movement machines at home. I loved that machine.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

15 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Roger,

Dave

Hey Dave,

Hope your feeling a little better today, actually hope both you Old Timers are doing better.  Where did you have your surgery?  2 hours to home sure doesn't sound like a fun thing to do the day after getting cut on.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

3 hours ago, Striper said:

Hey Dave,

Hope your feeling a little better today, actually hope both you Old Timers are doing better.  Where did you have your surgery?  2 hours to home sure doesn't sound like a fun thing to do the day after getting cut on.

Joe

Joe

Thank you from both of us old timers. Speaking for myself the pain is more manageable today.

Dave

yes the toilet is no fun at all, but if you want a challenge spend a day in the camper, talk about PT it has a lot. 

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Passed your regards around happy hour the other night. We are all rooting for you guys. There are about 12 of us here now. I would count for sure but it is cold outside and these darn big trucks are blocking the view from my window so I can't count for sure.

Brad

I would really like to see that C15 in the walker Dave.

Edited by Brad & Jacolyn

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.