Trawler Tracker

Mark and Mary, friend for 30+ year do there RV'ing on a 38-foot Kady Krogen Yacht. One of their "Krogen-Friend" wrote a program called "Trawler Tracker" which is an APP on the IPHONE that enable their friends to "track them." As we anticipate the beginning of our journey (starting, for the moment a full-timer lifestyle) I wondered if anyone knows of a similar tracking device for RVs.  The beauty of this kind of APP is that it avoids the necessity of a BLOG or posting in FB to let "friends" know where you are.

I have sent an email to ESCAPEES office to ask and I have also asked my friends to put me in touch with the person who wrote the code for the APP to see if it is replicable. Of course if someone is out there that knows of something analogous let me know. The most common phrase Peggy and I hear is "keep us posted to let us know where you are." This APP solves that issue, people with an IPHONE download the APP and Mark and Mary gave us a code for their boat and it simply shows us where they are and when they are departing that given location.

Let me know. Thanks.

For me it's called "Find my phone" and is built into my iPhone and iPad. Dave has access to it so he can see where I am as I travel. When I would come home in the spring he would be outside waiting to help me unload.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, Tim and Peggy said:

true enough, but this app is integrated into Google Maps so you can actually zoom in to see the particular locale.

"Find my phone" is connected to Apple maps and you can zoom in there, too. Dave could actually check on my park in Arizona and see which site I was in relative to the activity center. It was comforting to know he could send emergency responders to check on me if he had reason to become concerned since I often parked alone out in the desert.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van