Capable Weight

KathyK

Most (if not all) of the truck brands publish a "towing guide" for each model year. If you google "2016 Ford Towing Guide" (for instance) you should be able to find that document. 

From there you still have work to do, as you'll need to locate your specific truck based on such things as Model (F-150, 250, 350), Cab Configuration (Standard, Extended, Crew Cab), Bed Length (6.5' or 8'), Engine type and size, 2 or 4 wheel drive, etc. You'll probably also need to know the rear end ratio of the truck in order to really drill down and find the capacities. You can determine this from the VIN number.

If you'd like to give us the specifics on your truck perhaps we can jump start the process. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

After you find the max weight the truck can be, GV

3 hours ago, KathyK said:

How do I determine the weight limit for my truck?  I know this seems like the very basic thing but I haven't bought the RV yet and need to know my limit. 

Take a look at this page. It gives a great explanation of the weight limits involved and how they play together.  After you take a look come back with any questions. https://www.curtmfg.com/towing-capacity

I highly suggest you get truck weighed at a truck stop before settling on a trailer.  Knowing what your truck really weighs full of fuel, how much people, pet and gear weight you will add will let you know how much trailer tongue weight it can handle and still be under its weight rating.

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

Kathy after you have researched this within a inch of it’s life, then shoot for a rig up that runs your pickup at about 50-75% of it’s capacity. 

They like it and are a pleasure to tour with when not at “100%” and will last a long time.

They aren’t commercial trucks designed for “100% duty cycle” working all day every day at full capacity.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 2 weeks later...