Lost Mobley Topic

A while back I started a topic about my Mobley died, but now I can’t find it to continue. It didn’t die, which is good. But it now shuts down after 2 hours. I was wallering around about putting the SIM in another router & generally the instructs here are to text or chat with AT&at, tell them I’m having SIM problems and need the unlock codes. What kind of SIM problems am I having ? What do I tell them if they ask, or do I just hang up & call back? Sorry for being so dense but I really don’t want to loose this thing ! 

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

What happens after the 2 hours? -  - Can you start a new session?

(IMO) not really any help - but it sounds like the normal "on" time, unless you reset it to stay on all the time......although IIRC - AT&T changed  to (only) 2 hrs a while back.

Maybe the Mobley gurus will jump in with some good info!

I called AT&T tech support and asked for the PUK codes after giving them my account info. I told the tech I wanted them on hand just in case a problem came up while I was traveling. Make sure you ask for both a primary and backup code in case one of them fails.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

39 minutes ago, TLRam1 said:

I need to do the same Dutch, thanks for the update.

Did you have any issues getting the codes?

No issues, Terry. The tech seemed a bit surprised that I knew about the second code, but he didn't hesitate to give it to me. That was back when the SIM lock update first came out though, so the word hadn't spread much yet.

Dutch

15 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

What happens after the 2 hours? -  - Can you start a new session?

(IMO) not really any help - but it sounds like the normal "on" time, unless you reset it to stay on all the time......although IIRC - AT&T changed  to (only) 2 hrs a while back.

Maybe the Mobley gurus will jump in with some good info!

A power reset will restart the 2 hour clock. And yes, the always on option was removed in the same update that added the SIM lock.

Dutch

Does anyone know why I cannot connect two laptops to the mobley at the same time.  I used to be able to, but now the second one will not connect.  I thought you should be able to connect up to 5 devices.  I made sure there were no other devices connected at the time.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

On 8/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, Dutch_12078 said:

A power reset will restart the 2 hour clock. And yes, the always on option was removed in the same update that added the SIM lock.

I had mine set with no timers. I have had mine plugged in for 24 hours for 10 days so far with no cutoffs or anything.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

I had mine set with no timers. I have had mine plugged in for 24 hours for 10 days so far with no cutoffs or anything.

Mine is also setup as always on and hasn't been off since October 31, 2017 and I turned it off then for a few minutes. I will add though that I'm a VERY light user of mine. Casual web surfing mostly...no streaming.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

4 hours ago, rynosback said:

It seems you managed to avoid the update so far. Good for you!

Dutch

Got the Nighthawk, and it seems to be working. I just used the browser interface as the app doesn’t have very good reviews. I couldn’t tell when the PUC and pin resets were working, I’d enter new ones and it seemed to just freeze up, but as said, it’s working and a LOT faster than Mobley.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas