back up Camera system

Linc

I just bought  cheap Ebay and put it together. I tried wireless but was not happy. I got distracted a couple of weeks ago and now I need to replace a couple of cables, I think I will go with a long one and a short one so I it happens again it will only be the short one. I have 4 pin marine style and they work nice. It actually gives a nice picture and I have camera that cost about 10 and some closer to 30 and there is not much difference 

If I was buying a system I would wont a easyer monitor this one is hard to find the camera you wont. Also 8 cameras would be nice mine is 4 at a time. Jack has a system I have hurd good things about. RVH Life Styles I believe.

I just bought a system off of Amazon that has 5 cameras and a DVR, you can view 4 at one time and I can switch to the 5th camera for hitching. Is it the best, I doubt it, was it in my price range, yes. So far I have the monitor mounted in the truck, all wires and cables run and the hitch camera working, the trailer cameras have been sent to the trailer manufacturer for installation in our new trailer, so won't be able to try them out yet. Hitch Camera works but I may need to raise it up some to get a better perspective of the hitch. I used a Swift Hitch magnet mount camera previously but monitor is pretty small and because it is wireless it can have signal issues. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Picture of hitch camera, also shows extra plug for trailer cameras next to our 7 pin connector.

VJaJ7Gkl.jpg

Edited by Star Dreamer

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I went with Rear View Safety; upgraded to the 9" monitor with two wired camera's.  Pretty high quality equipment, I was even able to upgrade the warranty term to two years.  The camera's even have a speaker build in but I do not use this feature.  You can force the camera on when connecting to the turn signal line.  I am able to back up to my trailer with one and view traffic behind the trailer with the second.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

I've personally used at least a dozen different systems over the years on various projects. There are many, many systems out there. A lot of them work for awhile then die or have issues. The prices vary wildly, but I've found the super cheap ones do not last. 

We use Rear View Safety products in our business. We settled on that as the  "best" commercial system. It is intended for commercial applications - trucks, busses, cruise ships, etc. It is pretty robust and not terribly more expensive than some of the other systems. In fact, it is cheaper than some. We use it because it is reliable and flexible. It may not be the best choice for everyone - if you are a super-budget shopper then you won't want this. 

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com