Discount Ramps

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I was curious to know if Discount Ramps ever have a sale on their ramps ? It's about time I get a set of ramps for my truck. I was hoping I could find a sale on them before I decide to pull the trigger and buy some ramps. I know that Discount Ramps make a nice product. I am thinking about the ones that are 19" wide. Just looking to save some money.

Thanks for any help or ideas,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I thought they did when I bought mine.  They posted "20% off on everything".  The discount even showed up when clicking the specific ramps I wanted.  During the checkout, I could not see the discount so I called.  I was supposed to know to click the tiny asterisk in the discount post to know that it did not apply to ramps.  

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

They used to but not anymore. They also used to have free shipping, but not anymore. They also used to sell the ramps for $689, but not anymore. Get the trend?

To be fair, at the price of aluminum these days, I can see why. We are moving to our own ramp line because of this. It won't be a lot cheaper, but it will be the way WE want them to be. And we will have some control.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

10 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

They used to but not anymore. They also used to have free shipping, but not anymore. They also used to sell the ramps for $689, but not anymore. Get the trend?

Jack, that is not very fair. You can say that about a lot of stuff. I used to be able to run the length of a football field, but not anymore. I used to be thinner, but not anymore. I used to have more hair, but not anymore. Get the trend?  :) :) :) 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

21 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

To be fair, at the price of aluminum these days, I can see why. We are moving to our own ramp line because of this. It won't be a lot cheaper, but it will be the way WE want them to be. And we will have some control.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the info. I thought Discount Ramps had free shipping at one time. I will get back to you later. I am thinking email will best the best way.

Al

Edited by alan0043

On 8/21/2019 at 8:34 PM, Big5er said:

Jack, that is not very fair. You can say that about a lot of stuff. I used to be able to run the length of a football field, but not anymore. I used to be thinner, but not anymore. I used to have more hair, but not anymore. Get the trend?  :) :) :) 

Me too, Phil.....we must have the same problem!!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

On 8/21/2019 at 9:34 PM, Big5er said:

As long as are not including, "I used to have a better bladder control, but not anymore", you're OK

On 8/21/2019 at 10:40 AM, Jack Mayer said:

Hmm, Jack? A picture would be worth a thousand words🤔

On 8/21/2019 at 10:40 AM, Jack Mayer said:

Hello Jack,

Email sent.