Lessons from our Maiden Voyage!

Alice

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, $ Spot said:

While driving the light setting isn't an issue but very well could be as you back into the site with the headlights on the neighbors. Have a look at your headlight switch & see if the camera works without the headlights on. As mentioned, I'm not referring to the auto setting or the headlight setting. There should be another light setting that will run the camera without the headlights, helpful in neighbor relations. This is all new to you & I'm simply trying to help :)

Spot

You were 100% correct!  Thanks for the info! :)

Alice...

Weekender with a F-150 and Rockwood 2503S - until this happens:

event.png

• 3 weeks later...

I love your post and this stuff is spot on.

#5 other drivers suck should be #1 and #22 lol.

#22 I'm glad My Avalanche doesn't have a bumper. But all of the other trailers we've owned the sewer hose always fit in the bumper.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

On 8/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, Alice said:

Furrion backup/observation cameras only work if you turn your headlights on.

That depends on how your cameras are wired and could be changed fairly easily, depending upon that accessibility of the power wires. If it were mine, I would change that. Our class A was connected such that the camera turned on automatically if the transmission was placed in reverse, or it could be manually turned on at any time to stay on until turned off or if the ignition was switched off. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

#14; When cast iron dutch oven baking, biscuits especially, put most heat on top of the lid, little underneath the kettle. When using charcoal, 5 well burning briquets on top, 3 underneath. This makes one quickly understand the need for a lid lifter too.

BU system; mine is wired into the ignition switch, when key is on or acc.. positions, camera and monitor work. This allows the driver to continuously monitor the condition of tow-bar, safety cables, and connected wiring to towed; as well as watch front wheels of towed when starting out to double check you unlocked steering wheel-and drive wheels of towed are turning. Plus, when you turn of MH lights, you can see if towed lights do too.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My truck camper has continuous rear looking camera available when you remember to switch it on before locking the door, folding the handle, stowing the stairs, getting in the pilot’s seat, buckling up, switching on the monitor...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever.