You're not alone.  I've been trying since July 28th after receiving and returning a defective R2 phone.  A phone company without a working voice phone line ... what a concept! 

It's also interesting that Verizon has pushed back the shutdown of their CDMA network from the end of 2019 to the end of 2020, allowing an extra year to transition customers off of the CDMA network.  I can't help but feel this is due to the Visible experience trying to upgrade existing phones from CDMA to HD Voice (VoLTE).

Edited by Lou Schneider

I have had the Visible R2 phone since the beginning of June and so far it has worked great. I'm on the road now traveling in the Rockies. I've been in a couple of spots with no service but that was expected. Right now I'm camped outside of Yellowstone Park a few miles west of the town of West Yellowstone and am getting a good signal.

I have the Visible R2 phone.  I haven't yet tried the hotspot feature, but am counting on it when I launch.  I found it difficult to get started since there is only "chat" support available and there don't seem to be many humans working the chat.  I opted for the free phone and find that sometimes I can hear the caller, but the caller can't hear me.  I will give a better review when I have used it on the road for a sufficient period of time.

Got mine last night. I think I done everything right with setup but it says no sim card. About an hour on chat this morning and they are still working on it ?????.

That was my problem.  The phone didn't recognize the SIM card and when Chat told me to remove and reinsert the card the SIM card dropped out of it's little plastic carrier and lodged out of reach inside the phone.  At that point the only option was to return the phone via prepaid UPS ground, wait a week after the tracking showed the phone arrived at their service center for them to log it in as returned, then order a replacement phone.  I'm still waiting for the second phone to arrive.

Edited by Lou Schneider

3 hours 1 min.on chat today. They are sending it higher up the chain of command. Still says no sim card no service,you think a new sim card might help?

Updating the above ... My replacement R2 phone arrived on September 1, but did not come with a new SIM card.   Visible says they are working on improving their Customer Service response times.  I was able to reach a Chat agent after a short wait, and they overnighted the forgotten SIM.

After another Chat session, I got the SIM card mounted in the phone and activated.  What Visible failed to mention ("Just punch out the SIM card and insert it into the phone") is their SIM cards have two layers of punchouts.  The first creates a standard size SIM that won't fit in the R2 phone, there's a second layer of punchout inside the standard SIM that creates a mini-SIM to fit in the carrier that slides into the phone.

Anyway, after trying Visible for a couple of weeks, I'm happy.  My old phone was a Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy Luna 3 on Verizon's  4gLTE and the new phone has faster and more consistent data service, even though they're both on the Verizon network.

Visible's mobile hotspot is limited to one device at a time, and although Visible says the hotspot is limited to 5Mbs I had no trouble streaming video and doing other online tasks.  I also got HD video on most streams, even though Visible claims to limit video to SD (CD quality).  It's a good alternative to my primary ATT Mobley hotspot.

Visible also reversed the charges for the first phone and for the month service I didn't get, with the new service starting when I activated the new phone.

All in all, Visible seems to be a good deal, assuming you can get it up and running without needing any additional help.

Edited by Lou Schneider