6000 roof (really?)

The Nomad

So there seems to be 2 homes in my roof on my 2019 Jayco 172 ... the largest being the size of about a quarter ,  The dealer wants to replace the entire roof at the cost of about 6 grand ... this seems kinda over the top to me .. does this even make sense to anyone and why ?

Thanks

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

12 minutes ago, The Nomad said:

does this even make sense to anyone and why ?

Nope.  Clean the area around the holes very well.  Make certain that there is no dirt left, should be white.  Then use Eternabond.  Should always carry some in the RV for times like that.  

Marcel

I will  join the chorus cheering Eternabond sealing tape. This is NOT a slap it on product, it should be applied as directed in the Eternabond video library (2nd half of page) if you want it to stay sealed and last longer than the OEM roof.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961