Buying truck and temp. living 1000 mi from domicile

Shawn McIlvain

My domicile is Texas, where I did live and all current vehicles are tagged in. Currently doing pipeline work and RV-ing in upper WV, between Ohio and PA for next year. Buying new (used) pickup from PA resident where it is currently tagged and registered. Is there an easy way to do this in order to avoid having to drive new purchase 1000+ miles back to Texas to register and tag it? Please, Solution Replies only...Thanks

Edited by Shawn McIlvain

Just did it all by mail in NM and I am a "domicilee" of Polk county tx.  New tags were mailed out yesterday from SKP mail forwarding  by priority mail and should be here on Monday.  I had one glitch that slowed it up a little in that I misunderstood something  and ended up being $3.25 short. The tax office called me instead of sending it all back and I mailed them another check for the $3.25.  My glitch had to do with the empty weight. I had my truck weighed and it came out to exactly 6000lb. Empty weights are rounded up to the next higher 100lbs.  If I had run just another 1/2 gal of gas I would have been under 6000 rounded up to 6000.