George

George

I'm interested in buying a class C motorhome. We would  like to get something that would sleep at least 6. I'm trying to find out which brand has the least amount of problems, the best service, what the high/low on the MPG. What's your thoughts on new vs used. 

The Winnebago View 24J has two beds and a convertible dinette. It's built on the Mercedes Sprinter Chassis so is not cheap to buy but ours generally ran 18-20 MPG which is not something you get in most motorhomes. https://winnebagoind.com/products/class-c/2020/view/view.

It only has five seatbelts, though.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The top rated class C comes from Lazy Dazes and also from Born Free(no longer made). Next in my opinion would be the Allegro Wayfarer and the Winnebago class C lines. Those opeinions are based on observation and reading, as I have never owned a class C.  I do think that before you buy you would be wise to at least look at and test drive some of the smaller class A RVs as there are several of them that are similar in size and price and they have far more storage and living space.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I do think that before you buy you would be wise to at least look at and test drive some of the smaller class A RVs as there are several of them that are similar in size and price and they have far more storage and living space.

I've never seen a smaller Class A that had two permanent beds unless they were twin beds which would not work as well for sleeping six people. I know from experience that having to convert furniture to beds every single night gets old fairly quickly. Plus you can store stuff at the foot of most over-cab or bunk beds but not sofa beds so more people can comfortably live in a Class C with more permanent beds.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van