solar controllers

My propossed system will need 240v max PV output.Classic 250 on Amazon is $440. Victron 250/100 is $932.45. Victron has a more powerfull charge output but 500 bucks diff. Don't know if bluetooth that important.Anything I missing here? 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

My propossed system will need 240v max PV output.Classic 250 on Amazon is $440. Victron 250/100 is $932.45. Victron has a more powerfull charge output but 500 bucks diff. Don't know if bluetooth that important.Anything I missing here? 

I was in a similar situation when I upgraded my solar a few months ago.  I found an Outback controller for $300 less than Victron.  I went with the Outback and I am happy with it.  Many recommended the Victron and it has some nice features but not worth the extra $$ for me.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Have two Victron solar controllers, really like the bluetooth, am sick of running wires, Nice to open app on phone and adjusting and reading values. Had a shading issue from trees the other day, got a long pole and moved the branches aside and could see the difference, knew which ones to trim.

Edited by jcussen

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

The Outback we have has a fan and some complaints can be found on the internet.  I put ours in the front storage compartment and  the only time I hear it is when I am retrieving things from that cabinet.  It is a not an issue for us but our system is only 1260 watts.  We have been boondocking most of the summer in the mountains of Colorado.  Rarely do we need air conditioning so our generator usage is minimal.  Maybe a few minutes up to an hour a week.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

• 2 weeks later...