road life project group plan

I see workampers is now promoting the group health insurance plan through the Road Life Project.   It does not seem to me that this is much different from some of the other options I have heard about.   Wish they could come up with a group plan that is major medical.   Don't need first dollar coverage.

Anyone see something in this plan that I don't see?  https://www.facebook.com/roadlifeproject/

The only way anyone can offer "group health insurance" under current law is if there is an employer-employee relationship. What they are offering is not a group plan at all but rather a fixed benefit indemnity plan from New Era. It's the exact same plan being offered to FMCA members. If you are interested, we have done a comparison of this plan to a similar (but far better) plan from United Healthcare here: https://www.rverinsurance.com/fmca-health-insurance-for-rvers/

Calling these plans "group health insurance" is inaccurate at best. 

As for "major medical" plans...There are only 2 ways to get major medical comprehensive coverage today:

1. Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage
  2. Employer coverage

However, RVer Insurance Exchange does offer a worthy nationwide PPO alternative to these 2 options. We have access to self-employed association plans which are very comparable to traditional Major Medical plans; But even these plans require an applicant to be a verifiable self-employed business owner. 

Kyle Henson, Fulltime RVer since 2011

Founder/Former Owner of  RVer Insurance Exchange

21 hours ago, KHenson said:

The only way anyone can offer "group health insurance" under current law is if there is an employer-employee relationship. What they are offering is not a group plan at all but rather a fixed benefit indemnity plan from New Era. It's the exact same plan being offered to FMCA members. If you are interested, we have done a comparison of this plan to a similar (but far better) plan from United Healthcare here: https://www.rverinsurance.com/fmca-health-insurance-for-rvers/

Calling these plans "group health insurance" is inaccurate at best. 

As for "major medical" plans...There are only 2 ways to get major medical comprehensive coverage today:

1. Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage
  2. Employer coverage

However, RVer Insurance Exchange does offer a worthy nationwide PPO alternative to these 2 options. We have access to self-employed association plans which are very comparable to traditional Major Medical plans; But even these plans require an applicant to be a verifiable self-employed business owner. 

Thanks, 

I'll be calling again in the next month.  Nice to know that there is a plan still available for self employed.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins