Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

A little trick is to keep the humidity really low so they almost dry themselves . Then it only takes a quick swipe . LOL

Studies have proved air drying is more sanitary than cloth drying. I used to have proof, my kids showed me the website once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Studies have proved air drying is more sanitary than cloth drying. I used to have proof, my kids showed me the website once.

While that^ may be true , and , as much as I'd like to utilize the method , our coach doesn't have a lot of room to allow a dinners dishes and cookware to be air dried . 

Beside all that , the job getting totally done , in short order , helps keep 'everyone' happy . ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

as much as I'd like to utilize the method , our coach doesn't have a lot of room to allow a dinners dishes and cookware to be air dried . 

That was one of the things I loved about my van--it had a six-foot long counter with a sink about 1/3 of the way down it. Dirty dishes on one side of the sink. Clean dishes left to air dry on the other side. I just had to put away the clean dishes before the next time I drove off. :)

Linda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 10:49 PM, Ray,IN said:

Studies have proved air drying is more sanitary than cloth drying. I used to have proof, my kids showed me the website once.

Yes, it is true. 

 

We have a food truck, we can only air dry the dishes according to the state health department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago Dilbert creator Scott Adams held an on-line contest to design the perfect Dilbert House.  One of the online suggestions was to install two dishwashers.  Dirty dishes go in one, the other contains clean dishes.  As you use them, you draw from the clean dishwasher and then put them in the dirty dishwasher until all of the contents are transfered over.

Then the dirty dishwasher is run, and it becomes the clean dishwasher and dirty dishes are placed in the other one.  Repeat as needed without having to wash or put away the dishes.

If I ever design a RV, I''m adopting this and making room for two of the Fisher Paykel drawer dishwashers.

Edited by Lou Schneider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

A few years ago Dilbert creator Scott Adams held an on-line contest to design the perfect Dilbert House.  One of the online suggestions was to install two dishwashers.  Dirty dishes go in one, the other contains clean dishes.  As you use them, you draw from the clean dishwasher and then put them in the dirty dishwasher until all of the contents are transfered over.

Then the dirty dishwasher is run, and it becomes the clean dishwasher and dirty dishes are placed in the other one.  Repeat as needed without having to wash or put away the dishes.

If I ever design a RV, I''m adopting this and making room for two of the Fisher Paykel drawer dishwashers.

IMO that is a much better plan than someone posted some years ago. The stored all their dishes in the dishwasher, put dirty dishes back in, when most of the clean were used, they ran the dishwasher.

 

Edited by Ray,IN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X2.  DW says a dishwasher is a waste of space and CCC.  Of course, she said the same thing about the washer and dryer....and so they were removed and sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 10:52 AM, Lou Schneider said:

A few years ago Dilbert creator Scott Adams held an on-line contest to design the perfect Dilbert House.  One of the online suggestions was to install two dishwashers.  Dirty dishes go in one, the other contains clean dishes.  As you use them, you draw from the clean dishwasher and then put them in the dirty dishwasher until all of the contents are transfered over.

Then the dirty dishwasher is run, and it becomes the clean dishwasher and dirty dishes are placed in the other one.  Repeat as needed without having to wash or put away the dishes.

If I ever design a RV, I''m adopting this and making room for two of the Fisher Paykel drawer dishwashers.

I've heard that story before.  Makes sense.

My Travel Soopreme came with washer and dryer.  The dryer was elevated above with about 12" of useless space in-between.  I got a shorter dryer and raised it enough to get a FP dw drawer in between.  The hot and cold water, drain and power were all there.  All that needed to be done was box in the area which I did.

Now there are no dirty dishes around, they go straight into the dw.  My tap water is hotter than my hands can stand and the DW uses a gallon plus or minus.  I've seen by brother do dishes, by the time he finishes a sink load, the water is lukewarm at best, so I doubt they are as clean as any dw can do.  But hey, each to their own.  By the way, he has a 1500$ Bosch dw which hardly gets used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 10:52 AM, Lou Schneider said:

A few years ago Dilbert creator Scott Adams held an on-line contest to design the perfect Dilbert House.  One of the online suggestions was to install two dishwashers.  Dirty dishes go in one, the other contains clean dishes.  As you use them, you draw from the clean dishwasher and then put them in the dirty dishwasher until all of the contents are transfered over.

Then the dirty dishwasher is run, and it becomes the clean dishwasher and dirty dishes are placed in the other one.  Repeat as needed without having to wash or put away the dishes.

If I ever design a RV, I''m adopting this and making room for two of the Fisher Paykel drawer dishwashers.

You would need a 3rd dishwasher for pots and pans....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

You would need a 3rd dishwasher for pots and pans....

 

My Dave pointed out you would need to cook the same meals all the time so you didn't need different dishes.

Linda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you know, handwashing dishes isn’t something many people like to do. It also wastes a lot of water, which isn’t great when dealing with the limited supply while boondocking. Having a dishwasher inside your rig removes the need for handwashing entirely. In RVs with dishwashers, you don’t have to deal with their dirty dishes lying around either. You simply put them into the dishwasher and don’t have to be embarrassed when guests come over. The big pros why I bought a dishwasher in our RV’s is that my wife hates washing the dishes and her hands are a little allergic to the water with the dishwasher soap. So the commercial dishwasher makes our life easier.

Edited by chrisbarett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A kitchen sink can run at a flow rate of 2-5 gallons per minute, while a dishwasher uses 4 gallons per use. If you are concerned with water usage, then using a dishwasher is your best bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenPete said:

A kitchen sink can run at a flow rate of 2-5 gallons per minute, while a dishwasher uses 4 gallons per use. If you are concerned with water usage, then using a dishwasher is your best bet. 

You can also wash dishes in a small amount of water in a dishpan - much less than 4 gallons.  We did it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

You can also wash dishes in a small amount of water in a dishpan - much less than 4 gallons.  We did it!

That^ really does work . I just tried it . But , I didn't use a dishpan or I'd have had to wash that , too . LOL

 I used about a gallon and a half . Rinse , included . ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawn Blue dishwashing soap is formulated to work in cold water so you don't even have to heat water to wash dishes by hand.

Linda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

That^ really does work . I just tried it . But , I didn't use a dishpan or I'd have had to wash that , too . LOL

 I used about a gallon and a half . Rinse , included . ;)

I take it that the dishpan is already being washed with the soap in there.  Then we use that water to flush the toilet with instead of letting it drain in the gray tank.... saves space in the grey when dry camping and saves fresh water wasted by flushing the toilet with fresh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I take it that the dishpan is already being washed with the soap in there.  Then we use that water to flush the toilet with instead of letting it drain in the gray tank.... saves space in the grey when dry camping and saves fresh water wasted by flushing the toilet with fresh. 

That's a good way to go . 

Might even help with unpleasant odors . ;)

Edited by Pat & Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

RVAir The cleanest air in RVing!

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...