Looking for traveling companion

Traveling companion

Hello

I am looking for an individual to take a short  vacation from Lubbock Tx to Payson Az the end of August arriving Sept 1.  If you have prior experience Towing fifth wheel would compensate you financially. All expenses paid, paid travel time and return airline ticket to your destination.  

I have a fifth wheel Rv never traveled this far and have dogs so really need someone to travel with.

if interested call 484459-7040.

Wow. Very interesting. I had a 5th wheel toy hauler for 5 years before I got my Class A. It was 43 feet. I pulled it with a Ford F-350 turbo diesel. If you don’t find Nd anyone don’t stress out, it’s not that difficult to drive. I hardly even knew it was behind me except for right turns. Take a few local practice trips in the next few weeks. If you are going on I-10 thru NM there is an Escapees RV Park in Demming right off the highway. All sites are pull thru and it’s only $20/25 for members with FHU. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Just a thought..... traveling distance is no different than a short trip.  Break the trip up in your mind as a couple short trips.  It's 2 short days of driving - 650 miles total.  Plenty of RV parks & gas stations along the way. The dogs will be fine on the trip if they're used to riding in the truck.  Just stop & walk them every couple hours.  It would be good for you, also, to get out and take a walk.

Take 84 out of Lubbock to I-40 west at Santa Rosa, NM.  Continue on I-40 to Holbrook, AZ.  Take 377 to Heber, AZ & 260 to Payson, AZ.

Have a good trip!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 4 weeks later...

Last time they visited this site was the day this was posted.  I smell a skunk.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Op was a month ago. If posted to many forums, or even only this one. It is polite to come back and say thanks much, my problem is solved. But the first post?  with a phone number? On the first day joining? and the only post made? I will stay away from this one.

10 hours ago, rpsinc said:

what else is there to say?   Why ask a question if you arent willing to listen to the answer?

It is polite to come back and say thanks much, my problem is solved.

I would agree. But this is not the world we live in anymore. I sold my house and contents on Craigslist and FB market place. About 50% of the people never get back to you. They ask if you have the item. And the last sentence in my ad is, if this ad is still listed, I still have the item. And they ask questions that are answered in the listing. And now I am selling my Moms house and contents. People crack me up how lazy and how they want to be pampered. Maybe I should start my replies with yes Princess.  LOL

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 8/24/2019 at 6:22 PM, rynosback said:

I would agree. But this is not the world we live in anymore. I sold my house and contents on Craigslist and FB market place. About 50% of the people never get back to you. They ask if you have the item. And the last sentence in my ad is, if this ad is still listed, I still have the item. And they ask questions that are answered in the listing. And now I am selling my Moms house and contents. People crack me up how lazy and how they want to be pampered. Maybe I should start my replies with yes Princess.  LOL

Yes, I have experienced the same kinds of things.  Instant gratification!  Ask questions that are covered in the ad.  I just sold some things on CL & FB, both the same because the same types of people use them.  One guy got a DEEP discount and then after wanted my help to install and warranty, on used item.  He didnt inspect it before paying for it, so his issue not mine.  

Kind of like the idea of people buying RVs and wanting an all encompassing warranty and then are surprised when the small print excludes items due to things not being done to maintain the warranty.  Let the buyer beware!  Read the ...

Marcel

3 hours ago, rpsinc said:

Yes, I have experienced the same kinds of things.  Instant gratification!  Ask questions that are covered in the ad.  I just sold some things on CL & FB, both the same because the same types of people use them.  One guy got a DEEP discount and then after wanted my help to install and warranty, on used item.  He didnt inspect it before paying for it, so his issue not mine.  

Kind of like the idea of people buying RVs and wanting an all encompassing warranty and then are surprised when the small print excludes items due to things not being done to maintain the warranty.  Let the buyer beware!  Read the ...

Do you still have the item? LOL

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 7:33 AM, Fulltimer51 said:

When you have said what you want to say and left a phone number to call "if interested", what else is there to say?

EXACTLY!

On 8/24/2019 at 9:02 AM, Sehc said:

If posted to many forums, or even only this one. It is polite to come back and say thanks much, my problem is solved. But the first post?  with a phone number? On the first day joining? and the only post made? I will stay away from this one.

If, as you mentioned, it was posted to many places maybe they missed one when saying "Thanks. Problem solved"? And why stay away? Why not do a little research rather than tell people to avoid something that you know absolutely nothing about? 

On 8/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, 2gypsies said:

There is a phone number listed. Give them a call.

I have to wonder if anyone ever even tried the number to see what response they got?_______________________________________________________________________________________

With a little effort (very little) a quick internet search of the phone number might lead you to a Vet Clinic employee in, wait for it.....LUBBOCK, TEXAS which was the OP's originating location. And she has used this phone number in a few dog rescue posts on other social media over an extended period of time. That little research might even get you her name and the name of the vet clinic.  Gee that was so hard...but it seems that some people are too lazy and distrusting to use the brains that God gave them. Or maybe they are simply crusty old bastards. Could it still be a scam? Sure it could but either way as much as I whine about the younger generation, it appears that my generation is no better. 
I guess we will never know if it was a scam or not since rather than call and assist, ya'll would rather just make silly disparaging comments about the OP's intentions. I sure hope the OP reached her destination by the date she mentioned. I kinda wish I had seen this earlier and been available. I might have managed a trip to AZ to help a lady out. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Sorry I offended you big5er. I'm sure it will happen again. I did not tell anyone to stay away. I was speaking for myself. It is polite to come back and say "thanks, problem solved". If they don't remember where they posted then they can be forgiven. Not some others.

4 minutes ago, Sehc said:

I did not tell anyone to stay away. I was speaking for myself. 

My apologies...you did say "I will", I mis-read/misunderstood as "I would".

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo