Kindle Unlimited?

LindaH

I've tried to find the answer to this on Amazon's site, but haven't been successful.

Amazon is having a special this month where you can sign up for Kindle Unlimited free for 3 months.  Thereafter, it's $9.99 per month.

My question is -- are these books not the complete book (abridged) or do you get to read them for just a limited amount of time and then they disappear from your Kindle?

The reason I ask is when you select a Kindle Unlimited book, you have the choice of buying the book for $x.xx.  That leads me to believe there's a catch that's not clearly laid out on Amazon's site.  I mean, why buy the book if you can get it for free?

Anyone with experience with this?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Kindle Unlimited lets you "check out" complete books much like a library, except there are no due dates. There is a 10 book limit at any one time, and returning books just takes a couple of clicks or taps. Not all authors or publishers allow their books to be included, so don't be surprised if a favorite author is not included. Thousands of others are, so there's plenty to choose from.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Yes, if you have a KU subscription the books are free. Not all books but a lot of books. They are constantly having sales on their subscription for KU. I would try the "free" trial as long as you are not committing to the $9.99/month for any time period. If you like KU then put Honey on your computer(an app that monitors prices) and let it tell you when the KU subscription goes on sale. When on sale you need to commit to a time period(your choice).

After trying for 6 months or so Honey notified me of a subscription for $6.40/month if I committed to 2 years. I subscribed.

I normally only did free books but really love my KU subscription.

They are complete books.

Edited by SWharton

5 hours ago, LindaH said:

I've tried to find the answer to this on Amazon's site, but haven't been successful.

Amazon is having a special this month where you can sign up for Kindle Unlimited free for 3 months.  Thereafter, it's $9.99 per month.

My question is -- are these books not the complete book (abridged) or do you get to read them for just a limited amount of time and then they disappear from your Kindle?

The reason I ask is when you select a Kindle Unlimited book, you have the choice of buying the book for $x.xx.  That leads me to believe there's a catch that's not clearly laid out on Amazon's site.  I mean, why buy the book if you can get it for free?

Anyone with experience with this?

My Kindle unlimited lets me have 10 books at a time. They are full books and I can keep them as long as I want to do so. But, if I want a new book once I have reached my 10 I have to return one first.

Nick Russell offers his books as part of this program so he was asked if he gets paid when we read a book for free. He said he gets paid per pages viewed and it's a good deal for him. So I read his books for free now knowing I'm not shortchanging the author.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

10 hours ago, sandsys said:

Nick Russell offers his books as part of this program

Great!  I've read some of his books, but not all...I'll have to look for them! 

Thanks for the info on Kindle Unlimited.  I still haven't found any information on Amazon's site as to exactly how it works, but maybe I'm just not using the right search terms...it's certainly not on the KU page that I saw.

I can live with the 10-book limit.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul