Looking for RV

Brian Jackson

My wife and i are in the process of shopping for an RV. We would like to buy from a private seller. We are looking a different wed sights. I have noticed  that some rigs have been posted on the web for a few months and some longer. Should this be a red flag that something might be wrong with the rig? Or could i possibly be able to make a better offer? I also noticed that most rigs do not offer a service record. Is that a bad sign if they have no service records? Thanks for your help.

Being on the web a while could mean several things: price, interest in that particular floor plan or brand, or something is wrong. Until you look at the rig you have no idea. If you decide on a rig try to have a RV inspector it or at least a mobile rv mechanic go over the rig prior to purchase. Good luck.

Private party sales may save you a few bucks but you are buying as is and no warranty or help getting financing. A dealer, hopefully, would have gone over the vehicle and fixed anything minor. A dealer may even give you a 30 day, 90 day warranty. You can add this as part of your negotiations for purchase. A dealer will also help you get financing. Private party’s often want top dollar and give you none of these added benefits. With that said I would definitely encourage you to check out the private party market for a well priced, good condition rig and dealer sales as well. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Many things can influence the length of time it takes to sell and RV. If it is located in an area with few people who own RVs the sale will take longer as most people will havee to travel to see it. If the price is too high, that will have the same effect and if the RV has a bad reputation it will also slow the activity. RVs sell better in the spring and very slowly in winter so the season of the year matters too. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI