Camping and things to see in PA. I 80-- I 81 North

OU812

Any suggestions on where to camp and / or  interesting sights to see in PN.  I 80 east to  I 81  north to NY.  We are on our way to Main and taking in the sights.  Need camp spot, pay or free, for 65 ft  er. A few spots we have checked on did not have anything that large.   Thank you for all your reply's.   OU812

There is a neat old family amusement park called Knoebels, it is free to enter and free to park, they do have a campground on site with just electric and another not far away called Lake Glory with full hook ups that would fit you. If your not into rides the park is neat to see for the old style of parks, you can still grab the brass ring on the merry go round and they have a nice long train ride out thru the woods.

Steamtown near Scranton would be another nice stop, sorry but can not recommend a camping spot there.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Near Sheffield, PA is the Kinzau State Park and Skywalk, free entrance. 

Going to Maine two routings. Well more than two but to get through the heavily trafficked roads only two. One is I84, to I90, I495, I95 to Maine Turnpike exit in Yarmouth to I 295 then either US 1 or continue to US 201 to ME 226 to ME 17 to UsS1 in Rockland/Camden. Or I81 to I90 then continue as above. If using the I80 then continue  to Stroudsburg and take US 209 North to I 84 in the Milford area. A lot of hills in and out of Scranton on 81/84. 209 runs through Deiaware Water Gap RA.

Avoid the rush hours 6-9 and 3-7 in CT and MA/NH .

Enjoy

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Timothy Lake South (E Stroudsburg) is a big park. Many of their sites are in an open area without a lot of trees, FHU. There are some narrower winding roads up the mountain, but as long as you are comfortable with that, should be able to do it. The park is very well maintained and secluded yet only a short drive from some of the sites in the area like the Bushkill Falls, Milford area etc. As you approach Milford heading N on 209, there is a NPS falls but you don't want to take your RV in there.

(Bushkill is privately owned and worth the admission in my opinion).

I lived in Milford for a short time when I was 15, love the area.

https://www.visitbushkillfalls.com/ 

If you head up I-84 through Port Jervis, Thousand Trails has nice parks in Accord NY then 167 miles to Sturbridge, then 130 miles to Moody Beach RV Park in Wells Maine, then 138 miles back South to Gateway to Cape Cod in between Boston and Cape Cod. Most of these parks have sites that can accommodate large rigs, but you'll need to check with each park to make sure. We use the Thousand Trails NE Zone pass to visit this area. Don't miss the parks along the Jersey Shore (there are 3 or 4).

• 2 months later...

I suggest Pine Creek Gorge, sometimes called The Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania Beautiful place. I hiked it from south to north, and if I were to do it again I would recommend going from the north, hiking south bout 4 miles, and hiking back so that you see the prettiest part. The southern part is nice but you can skip it if you just want to see the highlights.