How to wire up a solar panel kit?

Here is the solar charge controller with the wires and connectors that came with the kit: https://ibb.co/xLM72kS

This is the pure sine wave inverter with wires and connectors: https://ibb.co/VQJT3Sz

And the solar panel wire connectors: https://ibb.co/Qbb1CrW

I have one pair of mc4 solar panel connectors on order so I can connect the solar panel to the wires.
I assume the white wire (which is quite long and has positive and negative wires in it) connects to the solar panel and the solar controller, correct?

Do I need to buy positive and negative wires to run from the battery to the controller?  The solar kit I got doesn't seem to have those wires.
The kit was suppose to have come ready to set up, does it look like I have everything to setup the solar panel kit?  (battery is still to come)

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

I am no soloar power expert, but I do have a lot of electrical work experience. Here are some basic instructions that may help.

Solar Panel Charge Controller Wiring Diagram & Steps

In addition, you may find it very helpful to visit Youtube and watch some of the videos available there. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

18 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

I am no soloar power expert, but I do have a lot of electrical work experience. Here are some basic instructions that may help.

Solar Panel Charge Controller Wiring Diagram & Steps

In addition, you may find it very helpful to visit Youtube and watch some of the videos available there. 

Thanks for the information.  Much appreciated:)

On 7/16/2019 at 12:55 AM, GimmyTree said:

Here is the solar charge controller with the wires and connectors that came with the kit: https://ibb.co/xLM72kS

This is the pure sine wave inverter with wires and connectors: https://ibb.co/VQJT3Sz

And the solar panel wire connectors: https://ibb.co/Qbb1CrW

I have one pair of mc4 solar panel connectors on order so I can connect the solar panel to the wires.
I assume the white wire (which is quite long and has positive and negative wires in it) connects to the solar panel and the solar controller, correct?  Yes, the white wire, with individual leads for positive and negative sheathed within connects between the solar panel and the solar charge controller.  Additionally, MC4 connectors require a specialized crimper to connect properly.  If you do not have the correct crimper, it will be difficult to add the MC4 connectors to the wire.

Do I need to buy positive and negative wires to run from the battery to the controller?  The solar kit I got doesn't seem to have those wires.  
The kit was suppose to have come ready to set up, does it look like I have everything to setup the solar panel kit?  (battery is still to come)  Probably not.  I assume the wires sheathed within the white wire are 10 AWG.  Without knowing your actual voltages, I assume the solar controller for a single solar panel will not require anything larger than 10 AWG wire between the solar panel and controller and then from the controller to the battery.  It appears the company that provided the solar controller and the wire is assuming you will use the wire on both sides of the solar controller, from the panel and then to the battery.

See above for answers in red.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

28 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I would buy the crimper. Not an area I would skimp on.

As a retired tech, I assure you that using the proper tool can save you much expense later in repairs and general grief. 

53 minutes ago, Sehc said:

If you spend half as much time searching, even with google, as you have posting this and similar questions on multiple forums, you would know how to do what you are trying to plan to do. Are you fishing for an answer that agrees with what you want to believe?

As far as the questions Gimmy Tree has asking on this forum, I appreciate him posting separate questions for each subject, instead of lumping 3-5 questions into a single posting.  I have always felt you get better and easier to understand answers by asking an individual question in a each topic you start. 

The questions seem reasonable to me. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

It's difficult even with the correct tool to get a good crimp on the typical MC4 pin. I would suggest crimping the pin to the wire as best you can, then solder it.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

On 7/21/2019 at 11:53 PM, Tom_M said:

It's difficult even with the correct tool to get a good crimp on the typical MC4 pin. I would suggest crimping the pin to the wire as best you can, then solder it.

Alright thanks.  I'm not familiar with soldering but this is probably what I'm going to have to end up doing.

17 minutes ago, GimmyTree said:

I'm not familiar with soldering but this is probably what I'm going to have to end up doing.

Let me suggest that if you buy soldering equipment that you then take the time to practice on some scraps of wire before you attempt to use it. Proper techniques are needed to get a good electrical bond as looking good does not always mean that the connection is good and a cold solder joint can introuduce some problems which are difficult to locate. Just as you need to learn use of a meter before use, that same thing is true for soldering tools.