AC Issues have me baffles

jc2

That looks pretty much as I'd have expected based on what you shared. Is the fourth contact there somewhere? I'd suspect that to be the ground lead but...............

You mentioned that the power plug shows some signs of over heating also so you may want to replace it while you are at it. I would do that if the plastic has been melted at all. If it is only a pin discolored you could polish it up some so that you can easily see if it shows signs of arcing in the future. That can happen because of the outlet that you connect with when it needs to be replaced. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

12 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That looks pretty much as I'd have expected based on what you shared. Is the fourth contact there somewhere? I'd suspect that to be the ground lead but...............

You mentioned that the power plug shows some signs of over heating also so you may want to replace it while you are at it. I would do that if the plastic has been melted at all. If it is only a pin discolored you could polish it up some so that you can easily see if it shows signs of arcing in the future. That can happen because of the outlet that you connect with when it needs to be replaced. 

Their were only (3) contacts of which the 1st & 3rd were somewhat brittle, very corroded looking and partially eaten away for some reason.  I believe that the discolored plug that u are referring to is in regards to what I originally found last Sept 2018 and subsequently replaced shortly after.  It certainly wasn't helping the situation at the time. :D

Edited by jc2

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-