A video on pod 'communal' life in CA.

slackercruster

A video on pod 'communal' life in CA. 

Pod living may be the future for the slightly more well to do as our population skyrockets and land is at a premium. I had heard on the radio some communities are outlawing single family housing and only zoning for multi family buildings. Pods in CA are renting for the prices of apartments in other cities. 

In the big cities, tents and communal showers may be what the average Joe or Jane lives in someday. 

...just never know how things will turn out...huh?

(The content in this video was used under the auspices of 'Fair Use'...for non-commercial educational, editorial and historical purposes.)
Edited by slackercruster

All the people in the video are young adults. Not yet married. Still able to climb ladders. It's hard to see this expanding beyond that age group. But, it was fascinating to watch. The aesthetics of the furnishings greatly appealed to me. Ear plugs required. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Looks ok for a college dormitory or military housing. Not where I would want to live. Even in college I rented my own apartment. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

What is the difference between that and a hostel? Looks the same to me.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Long term vs. short term?

👍That would be it.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

if you took all the humans on this blue marble and put them together, it would just fill up the state of texas.

this world is not over flowing with humans, yet.    just some city's are.

bad part is we as a species keep paving over our best crop land. and can not use most of the dirt, as it can not grow food all that well.

then thousands of sq miles of good crop land does not grow food for us to eat.