LP Gas Ignitor Tip

So, the RV sat a couple months and I'm pulling maintenance and checks and low n behold I turn the Dometic RM2652 fridge on gas   NO FLAME   !!!!!!!!  (Yes gas is on and present, good voltage solar keeps it floating around 13.2 volts, grounds and connections were clean n tight).   I listen carefully and hear the gas valve open but don't hear the typical SNAP SNAP SNAP of the Ignitor Tips HV sparking, no faint flame sound, she times out, alarm light comes on, then safety shuts down as it should.

It has about a one year old Dinosaur control board and new HV Ignitor Module. If yall recall how many times have you heard Kirk or myself or others in that situation preach CHECK THE IGNITOR TIP !!!!!!!!!!! (so often the problem instead of the board).  I remove it and inspect under a magnifying glass for any hairline cracks or carbon traces and check the single mounting/ground screw, alls well sooooooooooooooooo I clean n polish the tip to remove carbon or corrosion, re set the gap      WORKS PERFECT EVERY TIME YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

You can bet I'm ordering a new tip today and putting it in the RV stock just in case. I enjoy pulling maintenance BEFORE I go back on the road...…...

Hopefully this may help if someone experiences an electric fired LP Gas appliance fails to light...…………..

Best wishes yall

John T   A Happy Camper

Edited by oldjohnt

Awww John, I've already got a to-do list that will keep me busy for months, now I've got to add something else.  I just tested the ice maker, and put new stabilizer "shocks" on last Monday. I'm still recovering from rolling around underneath the beast.😫

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961