Search for Older 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

Hello!  I have been the proud owner of a 1996 38' Travel Supreme 5th wheel for the past 6 years.  I bought it off the original owner and it was and still is immaculate inside and out. I wish I had a dozen just like it cause I could have sold everyone.  Anyway, I want to carry some toys with me now and so I'm in the market for a 5th wheel toy hauler something like my Travel Supreme in age and quality.  I do not mind an older unit if I'm buying from the original or maybe 2nd owner.  One reason I like my TS is the quality of construction and the character of the interior.  Extremely comfortable for living full-time.  I am needing direction regarding what brands would you recommend since I'm looking for an older unit.  I did not find my TS over night and the 5th wheel toy hauler I am certain will be the same way.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time.  Regards. Ben     

Welcome to the forum!  Good luck finding what you want.  I've been looking at them for a couple years myself.  Everytime I find one, I look deeper and find problems.  A good toy hauler is hard to find, alot of the used/new ones lack quality.  When I find decent ones I find they are 43-44 ft long, I'm not wanting one that long.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Just curious as to what you are pulling it with. If a pickup then you could think about a HDT.

A heavy duty truck will haul a lot of toys, tool and just stuff. 

Then you can keep the fifthwheel that you really like.

Just thinking,.   Vern

I am not aware of any high quality older toy haulers.  My buddy had a Voltage for 3 or 4 years and it had many issues.  He tried towing it with a 1 ton single axle Chevy and blew his tranny at 70,000 miles.  He never had it across a scale but probably should have.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

13 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

I am not aware of any high quality older toy haulers.  My buddy had a Voltage for 3 or 4 years and it had many issues.  He tried towing it with a 1 ton single axle Chevy and blew his tranny at 70,000 miles.  He never had it across a scale but probably should have.

A C-Force is built like a Carriage trailer all in house at the time - steel chassis, aluminum frame and roof trusses, one piece roof substrate, decent fittings, solid maple doors, in house upholstery,  corian counter tops, garage is separate from all sleeping areas, Mor/Ryde suspension, interior  decor lighter colours vs the common down a coal mine dark themes “high er quality” kinda.

Mine 2007 weighs 14,000 lbs empty, 18,000 gross. Tri 7000 axles so axles and tires not working above 70-80% of max, carries 110 gal water, 70 grey, 38 black, 30 gal dirt bike gas plus 30 gals genny gas, 5500 Onan...

and mine’s for sale, with or without a1998 Kenworth T300 4 passenger pre emissions tow mobile...

Edited by noteven

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

On 6/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, Cobrablue007 said:

....... I want to carry some toys with me now and so I'm in the market for a 5th wheel toy hauler something like my Travel Supreme in age and quality.  I do not mind an older unit if I'm buying from the original or maybe 2nd owner. 

I did not find my TS over night and the 5th wheel toy hauler I am certain will be the same way. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time.  Regards. Ben     

RV.Net Open Roads Forum - has a dedicated Toy Hauler Forum.  Lots of contributors! 

Also has a sticky of ALL the brands of Toy Haulers, old and new.

RV Net does *not* have classifieds -or- allow for sale posts on their forums.  However, the "work around" to that is to post as you did here -  and ask readers to offer "suggestions"  (posts) or * PM*  you on how /where to find what you are looking for.  Some will post things like Craigslist, e-bay, etc.  However - -

Someone with a toy hauler *For Sale* -  may take the hint and contact you via PM !!

Happy hunting!