Sign in to follow this  
palmeris

2014 f450 platinum

Hello

about 108k and time to replace the factory shocks- all stock, has the off road package( shields underneath) and towing package, factory puck system. looking for suggestions, are the rancho the way to go, are the bilstein or others any better?

Most of those miles were every day highway non towing, probaly  just 20 k doing conventional towing with an 8 k load. In a few years looking to  adding a comfort ride hitch for a fifth wheel, heavy set up in the 20-22 k range and 20% pin basically what the truck was made to do. But will still be some non towing highway trips,  some no loads, some aforementioned 8 k conventionals trailer runs etc.

Have the money now to do some upgrades, or at lease get ready for the future loads so looking for suggestions, maybe something thats adjustable... maybe consider changing out coils to air bags... dont know much about air suspension , compressors, tanks etc but like the idea of having a compressor not only for suspension but air horns, tire inflation, etc so any suggestions are appreciated. Im fairly handy with tools, have a wide varity of wrenchs, sockets, impact and the like , its just my body that may protest a bit....oh and also going to change out the tank to the titan to up capaicity to 65 gallon

Thanks in advnace for any input 

I put a set of Ranchos on my F350 DRW and they were JUNK....lasted about 30,000 miles.  Replaced with KYB's and they are doing better.

Ken

Anyone running fox 2.0 ? -   From what i see they are adjustable and serviceable. high $ but the last shocks you ever put on, just have to get them "serviced" every 50k... wonder if anyone has any history towing 5th wheel with them.

Thinking of the adjustable on the rear and the ifp non adjust on the front 

https://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?f1=&v1=&m=truck&make=Ford&model=F-450+Super+Duty+Crew+Cab+Pickup&year=2014&position=ALL

Edited by palmeris
sdded link

Hi palmeris

F450 air ride thread

from RV.net truck campers forum.

I had poor life and service from a set of Rancho 9000 2 leaking before 12K miles. Warranty was not worth the fight so I installed Bilsteins. I contacted them for the correct model / part number for my application- truck camper on won ton.