Windows 10 apps: Which are worth keeping? Which ones should you dump?

RV_

Do you want to slim down your Windows system like those games you never play? And who uses Skype when many Android phones have duo, or direct video chat built in, like our mid range, not top shelf, not expensive $1000.00 Z3 phones we got two of free, with many up to date Android phones can just switch any call to a video call. This list shows which you can safely get rid of and how to for difficult ones like ugh! Candy Crush??

Ed Bott is my favorite tech writer that even non-techies can understand, go here!

https://www.zdnet.com/pictures/windows-10-apps-which-are-worth-keeping-which-ones-should-you-dump/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 6/25/2019 at 4:28 PM, RV_ said:

And who uses Skype when Android can just switch any call to a video call.

This is not entirely true. Yes, certain android phones are capable of video calling, but not all, and at least Verizon and T-Mobile limit video calls to within the network, i.e. Verizon to Verizon, T-Mobile to T-Mobile. This is why I had to find an app for my phone for video calls when my daughter switched carriers from T-Mobile to AT&T.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Good point, not everyone is on Verizon, and not everyone has the Moto Z3. I will change that line, thanks, good catch!

Any comment on the slide show article on the topic of which apps can be deleted and which can't?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Nope,

I am in Louisiana selling the old house, my Ram diesel 5.9 long bed 2500, my Scamp 19' 5th wheel, and my Restored Ford 601 Workmaster full size gas tractor. I already sold the Chevy HHR. We lived in the Springs 1978-81 when I taught at the USAF Academy. We bought a two year old Subaru Brat and loved it. We also had a Subaru Wagon in Germany, and had a 2004 Subaru Forester here a few years ago. So we are ditching our 2 wheel drive vehicles and bought a 2006 Subaru Baja sport turbo for Lynn, and our first brand new car, my 2019 Subaru Forester. We love them. I drove the truck up pulling a 5X8 Uhaul enclosed trailer, so my Forester is only now about to hit 800 miles. I'm about to take any reasonable offer as it is getting hot here. So Lynn's up there nesting, and I'm down here mowing. And keeping the vehicles shined up. The 2019 Forester is awesome and decked out with Eyesight, the camera accident avoidance and lane keeper system. It took a few weeks to get used to it. All the tech is great. I can't do without them already, especially the backup camera and smart cruise control. So all's well, thanks for asking.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 6/28/2019 at 7:09 AM, RV_ said:

Good point, not everyone is on Verizon, and not everyone has the Moto Z3. I will change that line, thanks, good catch!

Any comment on the slide show article on the topic of which apps can be deleted and which can't?

It was a good article. As a computer tech and tech trainer in life before retirement I always go through a new computer and remove bloatware. The article would definitely help out for those wanting to slim down things. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg