Customize my Fifth Wheel Build?

Hi everyone! My wife and I purchased our Sundance fifth wheel 8yrs ago and planned on living in it for a brief period after moving to Texas. Long story short, we fell in love with the lifestyle and never moved out.... We are now extremely comfortable w the lifestyle. My wife is a campworker and I drive a truck. We are now ready sell this RV and get another one built to better suit us for all the things we now know we cant live without. We are wanting to purchase a new Montana 41' RV with bonus room. The bonus room is to be converted into a walk in closet / makeup room for my wife. We know we won't be needing any of the furniture that comes with the RV. We like our custom ordered theatre chairs in the living room and 65"TV. Has anyone experienced ordering a new RV without any of the included furniture & TV's and would I save money by doing so? 

45 minutes ago, BuckeyeNTexas said:

Has anyone experienced ordering a new RV without any of the included furniture & TV's and would I save money by doing so? 

A few years ago when I ordered/bought a Heartland Cyclone, I queried the salesman about skipping the OEM living room furniture.  He said he spoke to Heartland and they would deduct only a SMALL amount of money for not including the living room furniture.  Thankfully I owned that POS for only a year.

A true custom job is going to cost you a LOT of money.  Maybe it would be worth it, maybe not.  Only you can decide.

We ordered our HitchHiker in 2007 without much of the furniture, the only good piece was the table.  We bought all our furniture from various stores to suit our needs.  OEM RV furniture isn't quality in my mind.      Greg 

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

One thing to consider is what is built in under that furniture. In one of our rigs the furnace was built in under a dinette bench. In another the fresh water tank was under the sofabed. Without that furniture where would those items have been placed?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The answer is    maybe  call and ask the manufacturer, Wd did not want  the so called leather  sofas  and recliners and the factory changed them out for the material  ones. We did not want the OEM mattress  but they would only credit 50.00 for it not that it was worth that much .We kept it and donated it to a Church group at home. In general the manufacturer will not deviate from the established floor plan except for those that custom build,I would call keystone customer service and ask the question.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

We bought a Class A that had a king-sized bed with little room to walk around it. We talked the dealer into cutting down the platform and replacing the mattress to convert it into a queen-size for better access. 

It's usually fairly easy to get them to leave out a couch but you must be sure your replacement will fit if it is on a slide.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

BuckeyeNTexas,

Keystone make the the Montana. Call Keystone direct and get your questions answered here:

https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/contact-us/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I just took delivery of our new Luxe fifth wheel. Luxe produces 4 to six units a month. Each one is custom and you can include or eliminate items like you are looking at. Our choice of this product was because they are willing to customize the unit and work with the owners.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, Billy W said:

My wife and I just took delivery of our new Luxe fifth wheel. Luxe produces 4 to six units a month. Each one is custom and you can include or eliminate items like you are looking at. Our choice of this product was because they are willing to customize the unit and work with the owners.

Can you elaborate on what level of customization?  Like can you supply your own floor plan or does it have to be theirs?  Add mini splits AC and remove the roof top units?  Do they have a fiberglass roof option or a "Hard" roof- no membrane type material?  Can heated floors be added?  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay on this. The RV Factory will basically do whatever it takes to meet your needs. We began planning our purchase two years ago. We have been Rving for several years and have had TT and 5th wheels. We flew the Elkhart  na d visited the five plants that we had narrowed our possible purchase down to. I am glad we did because some products were not as well built as we thought they were. When we left Elkhart we knew it would come down to two products. Both are well built but the Luxe product by the RV Factory was our choice. They do have standard floor plans but they can be altered and the colors, fabrics and other items can be at your discretion. My wife wanted a special tile for the back splash in the kitchen and bath. They did not stock this product but allowed us to have it shipped to them and they installed it. Nothing is standard including the exterior paint. As to the AC and heated floors question you have, I can't answer that but, I am sure they would entertain your request. We are very pleased with the product and the service they provide.