Magnum AGS

We are thinking about switching from the EC30 to the Magnum AGS. We have the BMK etc. installed. Our main reason is that the Magnum uses SOC which we feel is a much better indicator of our battery state than voltage. We are only at the research stage right now and are looking for input, pros and cons.  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, SWharton said:

the Magnum uses SOC which we feel is a much better indicator of our battery state than voltage

I cant speak to the Magnum or what you now have, BUT I agree SOC which can involve the use of a true battery monitoring system including a shunt device for measuring measure battery current is indeed a more accurate indicator. The main reason (I'm sure you already know this) is if you're relying on battery voltage alone, there's a sag under load and a rise when under charge. For a more accurate SOC relative to battery voltage, the battery must be at rest and stabilized.

Best wishes and its fun to research and read reviews before selecting a major RV appliance. Let us know what you choose.  

John T

I have the Magnum AGS in my rig.  If you have other Magnum products such as the BMK and a Magnum inverter, then I would highly recommend the Magnum AGS.  They all work together very well and all use the same remote control panel.  I use SOC to determine if/when my AGS will start my generator.  I believe it is a much better indicator of battery charge than just voltage.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 6/22/2019 at 12:14 PM, Chad Heiser said:

I have the Magnum AGS in my rig.  If you have other Magnum products such as the BMK and a Magnum inverter, then I would highly recommend the Magnum AGS.  They all work together very well and all use the same remote control panel.  I use SOC to determine if/when my AGS will start my generator.  I believe it is a much better indicator of battery charge than just voltage.

Ditto. The Magnum also has a temperature setting so you can set it to start up if the inside temp gets too high. For example, you're away from RV, park loses power in hot summer, ACs stop, your dog starts to roast.

A dealer installed my system. Since I also have a Magnum inverter and remote control panel, I had the network AGS version installed because you can then set all the AGS parameters via the remote.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs