My water pump stopped working :(

1 hour ago, KayoCan said:

I also found someone who can look at the problem tomorrow. 

I have to agree with John that it sounds more like a problem with electrical connections than the pump but it is also probably time to get qualified help. If it were mine, I would cut off the present connectors to the pump, strip the wires and install new connectors, but I would also use a voltmeter to check the connections first. Since you are not comfortable in doing any of these, professional help is probably in order. If you were close by I would offer to take a look for you. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 4:27 PM, KayoCan said:

I was able to find the exact same pump today so I went ahead and bought it. I also found someone who can look at the problem tomorrow. 

Thanks again!

Maybe it's just me, but I want to know how the story ended. Today is July 16, so, what happened? 

Mike 

On 6/29/2019 at 4:27 PM, KayoCan said:

18 hours ago, Mikec557 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I want to know how the story ended. Today is July 16, so, what happened? 

Mike 

Hi Mike, here is the update. Thanks for asking.

The pump worked for another week or so after someone secured the wiring that went into the pump (so that the wire didn't move anymore). Then it died again. The wiring was still secure and it just died one day. I was camping with few friends at the time and I still had the new pump. So one of them replaced the pump for me. It was about a week ago and my new pump is doing great!

2 hours ago, KayoCan said:

Hi Mike, here is the update. Thanks for asking.

The pump worked for another week or so after someone secured the wiring that went into the pump (so that the wire didn't move anymore). Then it died again. The wiring was still secure and it just died one day. I was camping with few friends at the time and I still had the new pump. So one of them replaced the pump for me. It was about a week ago and my new pump is doing great!

Glad to hear you got the problem resolved. And oddly enough, I'm glad it turned out to be the pump. I really thought it was a loose wire problem and you were spending money on a pump you didn't need. So, in the end, it was money well spent. 

Good luck in your camping adventures. 

• 2 weeks later...