Sunscreen rollup with awning

Well, I had the same problem. I bought 2" sticky Velcro from Homers & stuck it on the roller tube. I sewed the corresponding half on the sunscreen. Up or down in a flash-but if the problem is storage, that won't help you. (And I added Velcro to the awning lights too.)

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Removing that screen is the main reason that I have never purchased one of those screen rooms to our awning. Most of those who I have observed using them just leave the awning down once the screen room has been added and they then tie the awning roll ends to anchors that are sold for that purpose and leave the screen room up until they prepare to travel. I have never seen such a screen that can be left attached to the awning roll tube and rolled up with the awning. It would seem to me that doing so would make for a very oversize roll and probably cause damage. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Laura Hanson said:

Directions on the sunscreen say not to roll it with the awning

Laura FWIW I agree big time with those directions. The reason is the extra bulk and weight and increase in diameter is NOT something Id prefer, ESPECIALY with an electric roll up awning !!!!!!!!!!! Those motors and mechanisms and arms may (or maybe not?) be a bit wimpy to add more diameter and bulk and weight, let alone possibly voiding any warranty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a few Sunscreens and its soooooooooo easy to slide them in and out I don't have a problem doing that before rolling up the awning, but to each their own.

Id say do it (leave on and roll up with awning) at your own risk but I support any RV owners free choices

You asked about a sunSCREEN, some of the screenROOMS are a pain to set up and take down grrrrrrrrrrr, but can be nice n roomy if needed.  I've used both at times and while I enjoyed a screenroom it was such a pain to deal with lol

PS I thought I posted earlier but I don't see it now??? Please accept my apology if I ended up double posting

John T

Edited by oldjohnt

There are several different companies that offer RV awning screen shades.  These shades are not full rooms, but extend to the ground from the the awning tube when the awning is deployed.  Most of them have a piece that is permanently attached to the tube and hangs down a foot or so.  This piece rolls in and out with the awning.  The main piece then attached to this piece with a zipper or velcro or stretch cord (depending on the manufacturer.

Here is one example:  https://www.shadepro.net/product/vista-shade-for-electric-rv-awnings/

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We have a version like Chad mentioned and we like it.

Carefree 701508 Black 15' x 8' Drop RV Awning EZ ZipBlocker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MI3OTJK

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

This is one I'm contemplating for this summer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQKWL83/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3QNKWQE2NCOTM&psc=1

I figure if a sudden storm hits, a quick run with a knife along the awning roller will get it away to quickly store the awning, and perhaps save it from being destroyed.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961