DC issues

Jim624

OK...background story.  My brother in law gave me a 1986 Coachmn Crusader.   I've been fixing it up...infact it's done....excet for....I've got no DC power in the house.  I have discovered that whoever owned it orinally took ou the generator that came with the MH....and they cut the house battery cables and taped them underneath the MH.  I bought a cheap generator, not figuring to connect it.  Soooo what do I do with those battery cabled underneath the MH.....I'm sure that is why I have no DC power.

Welcome to the Escapee forums. The removal of the generator would not have removed the 12V-DC power since the generator only produces 120V-AC. The cables would have been to supply power to the starter and excitatiion of the generator so cutting or complete removal of them should not block the 12V power. I suggst that you trace them back to where they start and if they were for starter power you could remove them rather than tape them off. If you look at the batteries, they should have connections to supply 12V to the 12V distriibutiion/fuse panel and the loads of the RV. RV lights are 12V, as well as all appliances with exception of the microwave. If the lights in the RV work then you have at least some 12V power. I suggest that you take the time to read "The 12V side of Life" to get a better understanding of the RV electric systems.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI