Securing pvc decorative for ac lines

Got box in ceiling done today. Next step hang cassette and run lines, wiring, etc. Bought the decorative pvc kits to house all this. Not really designed to run 60 mph down the road. Think I should put screws in it or think dicor would hold it? 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Trust the Dicor, screws are just multiple leak points. Still worried, add Eternabond along the edges. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I would look to the boating world and use the 3m 5200 if you never want to remove it or the 4200 if there is the possibility of future removal in the future.

U.S. Navy GSMC(SW) (RETIRED) 1993-11-01, 26 years service with 23 years of that active and 3 years reserve.  Now retired after 20 years at local hospital in the maintenance department.

1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' DP W/6Spd Allison.  Road Master Sterling All terrain, Air Force One, towing new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Elite

On 6/19/2019 at 7:55 AM, sundancer268 said:

I would look to the boating world and use the 3m 5200 if you never want to remove it or the 4200 if there is the possibility of future removal in the future.

Looked up that 3m 5200. Says nothing about epdm roofs. Fiberglass, wood, etc. Looks like good product for when I come down the side on the gelcoat

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Well, y'all running about 50/50 on the screws. The couplings are what needs securing and actually have hole in bottom for screw. Really believe dicor and eternabond  should hold it. These screws if used will be totally out of sight. Don't think that a good thing. 

If you have a rubber roof and just use dicor or and eternabond tape then you are only bonding your pipe to the rubber roof membrane.  That membrane is in turn glued down to the wood roofing material below it.  You have in essence now made the glue holding down your rubber roof also need to hold down the weight of the piping as you travel down the road.  It was not designed to do this.  You need to use screws to hold the piping down and then dicor or eternabond to cover the screw penetrations.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Thanks Chad. Had not considered that. Got to buy a ladder now. Frame modified for second unit and one mounted. No ladder now

Edited by GlennWest

Coat the screw threads with Dicor or another kind of sealant before you drive the screw into the roof decking.  Pre-drill a hole slightly smaller than the screw and the sealant will make the connection watertight.

I did this when I installed a couple of grab bars in my father's shower and there was zero water damage behind them when we took the shower apart after he passed.

Edited by Lou Schneider

Unit in operation. This was a hard job in this Texas heat. It is done except for a few items. Tiring up lines, etc. Thanks everyone. Mama is so happy

Edited by GlennWest

18 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Strip the IMG off the copy/paste, that will give you a clickable link. To insert the image, use the button at the bottom right of the posting window.

Edited by Darryl&Rita

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

Nice ,clean looking install, Glenn. Pat yourself on the back for working in the heat, and still making it look good. 

Please e-mail us here.