Cellular booster

I  

6 members have voted

1. 1. I

• Have registered my booster
    • No way, I full time. They will never find me.

For the people that have them. Have you registered your booster? Have you ever been notified to turn it off? How would they know that you booster is on? The vote can be seen by the public, but does not say who voted.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

10 minutes ago, SWharton said:

Maybe I am missing something. Why would your register a booster? With whom?

It is the law to register it. If you do an internet search you will find registration info from all the manufacturers and cell phone providers.  Here is T-Mobile's page as an example - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9827 .

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Our guide to cellular booster registration:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/guides/booster-registration/

Basically, while it's a requirement - there's been hardly any enforcement of it. 

Edited by Technomadia

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

1 hour ago, Technomadia said:

Our guide to cellular booster registration:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/guides/booster-registration/

Basically, while it's a requirement - there's been hardly any enforcement of it. 

Followed the link for Verizon, and filled out my address, and clicked "verify" and that is all it seemed to do, as it did not take me to another screen or ask for any more information.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

2 hours ago, pjstough said:

I would like to see better options for the survey.  Neither choice works for us.

And the other option or options would be? If you have a booster you either have or have not registered it.

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

And the other option or options would be? If you have a booster you either have or have not registered it.

I have not registered ours originally not because we are fulltimers and they will never catch us, but rather I dont see any enforcement of the requirement, so registering is mostly a waste of time.  I did try and register ours today, but Verizon's website would not let me complete the registration.

To me, the options on the survey should have been;  I have registered my booster, or I have not registered my booster, but when you added, "because I am a fulltimer and they will never catch me"  eliminates those who have not registered for other reasons, such as, "I am a weekend camper, and they will never catch me. :)

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I have a cellular repeater/boster from Wilson that I bought about 10 years ago and this is the first that I have heard of registering it. 

Our old cell-boosters were constant power, they have the ability to over-power a cell tower signal and can prevent others (without a booster) on the tower fringe from making a call. Newer booster models have a feature to provide just enough variable power to maintain a reliable signal.

I know about the registration thing, but I didn't. It's kinda like CB radio several decades ago, you were supposed to apply for and receive a license (mine is KEW0304), however so many folks didn't apply for a license, the FCC eliminated the requirement. I fully expect the same thing with cell-boosters.

I keep my Wilson signal booster in the MH, JIC I breakdown where the tower signal is too weak to make a call. No cell-booster can amplify without a signal to-er amplify though.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I have a cellular repeater/boster from Wilson that I bought about 10 years ago and this is the first that I have heard of registering it. 

I would not do it as the older equipment might not fly. 

From Verizons website,

Note: After March 1, 2014, all consumer boosters sold in the United States will be required to meet new network protection standards intended to reduce the likelihood that consumer boosters will interfere with wireless networks and devices.

11 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I know about the registration thing, but I didn't. It's kinda like CB radio several decades ago, you were supposed to apply for and receive a license (mine is KEW0304),...

KBBJ-9440 :)

Edited by pjstough