AARP Hartford Full-Time Insurance

When I was shopping for full time insurance for my Class A I was told by Hartford that they do not write full time coverage. Liberty Mutual, Safeco a division of Liberty, and State Farm also told me the same. I went with Geico and saved lot of $$$ from my previous company Allied which is a division of Nationwide 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

We have used AARP/Hartford for several years and have had 2 claims, one on the house and the other on a Jayco trailer which were taken care of promptly.

We recently bought our first MH and called them to get it setup, one of the questions they asked was if we were going full-time, I said no. I asked why and she told me they do not issue to fulltimers. 

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

5 hours ago, SWharton said:

Thanks, I guess this is a dead end.

How?  Because one insurance company does not carry insurance for full timers?  I know Progressive covers full timers. I had Blue Sky for years and there under writers switch and they no longer offered full timers insurance. So you never know as things change all the time.  When they decide that they need to make more $$$ they might offer it again.  Best of luck.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Whenever I get a quote, I make them give me a breakdown of the individual elements and what the premium associated with each of them is.  That way I can verify for myself if it's true fulltimer coverage--it'll have a "fulltimer's liability" portion in it.  My premium for that is currently $89/year ($250K/$500K coverage).

Also, it might depend on what state you're in on whether a given company offers fulltimer insurance.  A few years ago, I got what was supposed to be a fulltimer quote from Geico, and noticed it didn't have the fulltimer's liability portion.  I brought that up, and the guy said they don't offer that in Texas, and I said then it wasn't true fulltimer's insurance, and he said it was because it covers you 365 days/year.

I obviously didn't buy their insurance, although I think people have since then said Geico has started offering it in Texas.  Could be.  I'd definitely check the quote/policy to be sure, though.  Regardless of which company it is, but definitely with Geico. 

7 hours ago, SWharton said:

Thanks, I guess this is a dead end.

/ Twotoes stated “ We recently bought our first MH and called them to get it setup, one of the questions they asked was if we were going full-time, I said no. I asked why and she told me they do not issue to full timers. ”

This is why I have been posting what I have been. Just trying to be helpful, but it is all good, I will not watch this thread anymore. Hope you get the coverage you need at a fair price.

Edited by rynosback

We've used Miller for full-time coverage for all our years of full-timing.  Every two years we'd call them to have them check for a better price and they always came through.  Once a company gets you they feel they can gradually up the price. That's when we start checking around.  Miller deals a lot with full-timers so they know what you're talking about.

http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

We are with National General.  Make sure to get a breakdown of coverages and what they actually cover.  

I do not think they are asking about any other company but Hartford. Seeing someone post that they do not offer full timers insurance. I gave then a suggestion on where to call for a quote. The suggestion was unwelcomed and they only asked about Hartford. 

6 minutes ago, SWharton said:

The suggestion wasn't unwelcomed but the question was about Hartford, this is how threads get so off track.

While I plead guilty to taking threads off track I also find it frustrating when it happens. I may skip a thread thinking I know what it is about only to learn later I would have liked to participate in the new topic. Thanks SWharton for trying to keep this one on topic.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Not related to full time insurance but my auto policy with Elephant is expiring on July 31st so I thought I would give AARP Hartford a try because they say that they will not cancel you but they where a lot more then Elephant almost $400 more on a one year policy.