Shackel Flipped

I had new springs put on my fifth-wheel and added new shackles with wet bolts. After several hundred miles down the road I find one of the shackles on each side has flipped and the tires are now rubbing!  Does anyone know what caused this and how I can have it repaired?  I have a picture attached.

see right side of picture.  We are stranded in a Church parking lot in Modesto California waiting for a repair man who agreed to come on a Sunday afternoon.

shackel6.jpg

It doesn't look to me like the shackles have flipped.  It looks to me like the equalizer assy was put together wrong.  The bolt that goes thru the equalizer should be were I draw the line in the picture.  Im not sure what that triangle looking piece is for unless it is some kind of extension, but it shouldn't pivot like it did.
38oT66Sl.jpg 

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Looks like some sort of a lift kit that was either put on wrong or should be on there to begin with.  I agree the shacks aren't flipped and if you look close the shackle hanger is behind all that extension stuff, I  would remove all that stuff snd put the equalizer where it belongs. 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

21 minutes ago, dennisvr said:

It doesn't look to me like the shackles have flipped.  It looks to me like the equalizer assy was put together wrong.  The bolt that goes thru the equalizer should be were I draw the line in the picture.  Im not sure what that triangle looking piece is for unless it is some kind of extension, but it shouldn't pivot like it did.
38oT66Sl.jpg 

22 minutes ago, dennisvr said:

38oT66Sl.jpg 

The shackle has not flipped the triangle piece has moved rearward.  It looks to be an extension to give you more ground clearance. Even if it was the other side up it doesn't look like it would be stable. I am speculating that it wasn't installed correctly. If you Jack up the trailer by the frame it should all hang in place.

1 hour ago, rm.w/aview said:

Maybe this pic can help... http://www.morryde.com/products/90-cre3000-suspension-system?return=%2Fproduct-category%2F4-suspension

That axle should not have moved toward the other.

Thanks for the link.  So its a Mor-ride suspension.  Wonder if the right springs were installed or if one of the axles were severely unloaded by going thru a dip and didn't come back into place.  Should be a easy fix by jacking it up and letting it settle in place and watch to see if it happens again. 

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

When we had new springs put on in Wells Nevada, the technician put on the wrong springs.  There was a long spring and a short spring on each side.  This unbalanced the load on the axels and caused the equalizer to pivot and push the tires together.  We had a great service shop in Maraposa CA (Tom's Truck and Auto) put new springs of proper size on the RV and we are back on the road.

It is not important to identify the particular business.  Rather, be sure one looks at the parts being replaced.  My mistake was not visually checking the replacement springs before they were installed.  A simple measurement would have showed there was a problem brewing.