Moab UT in Sept

Twotoes

May go to Moab UT with friends in Sept 2019. I have a 43 foot Class A pulling a Jeep Rubicon. They have a 40 foot Class A pulling a PU Truck. Any suggestions on camp grounds in the area. I know Sept is popular so I hope to make a reservation soon. Thanks for your help. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

We are spending a couple weeks in southern Utah in July.  We found a couple that we are trying.  One we are using for 10 days or so is Ruby's Inn RV Park & Campground, State Route 63, Bryce Canton UT.

They have decent rates and can handle our rig (73' total length).

Good luck.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Ruby's RV isn't at Moab.

For Moab you would fit in the beautiful sites of Dead Horse Point State Park.  We love it there. We've also stayed at Ken's Lake.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We are actually spending time in two different parks.  Bear Valley RV (Panguitch UT) and Ruby's (Bryce Canyon UT).   But we are targeting our exploring more on all of the southern half of Utah.  

We considered Head Horse Point State Park as a possibility but really didn't want to deal with the unlevel sites and no fresh water.  While in southern Utah we will be putting long miles on the Harley every day and decided we needed a good campground with full hookups.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

1 hour ago, FL-JOE said:

We are actually spending time in two different parks.  Bear Valley RV (Panguitch UT) and Ruby's (Bryce Canyon UT).   But we are targeting our exploring more on all of the southern half of Utah.  

We considered Head Horse Point State Park as a possibility but really didn't want to deal with the unlevel sites and no fresh water.  While in southern Utah we will be putting long miles on the Harley every day and decided we needed a good campground with full hookups.

According to my mapping program, Panguitch and Bryce Canyon are both more than 250 miles from Moab. There are a number of RV parks with full hookups in Moab, Green River, Monticello, Bluff and Blanding that would be a lot closer for exploring that part of the Utah. There are also dry camping opportunities in both BLM and state park campgrounds and areas to boondock.

We spent three weeks in the Moab, Blanding, Bluff area and did not see everything there is to see. Here are links to some of the places we enjoyed: Kane Creek Road, Potash Lower Colorado Byway, Upper Colorado River UT-128 Scenic Byway, Sago CanyonDead Horse Point State Park, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Needles District, News Paper Rock, Monument Valley, UT-261 the Moki Dugway Scenic Backway, Goosenecks State Park, Hovenweep National Monument, Natural Bridges National Monument, Bluff Fort, South Fork of Mule Canyon and House on Fire, The Valley of The Gods, Sand Island Petroglyphs and Edge of the Cedars State Park.

Edited by trailertraveler

• 1 month later...

We went through Moab a few years ago in October.......and ended up in Colorado that night.

Check with the chamber for events and BLM, NPS for camping areas. We were headed home, so wanted to keep traveling in that direction. This was the first “open” campsite we found....

http://usbackroads.blogspot.com/2015/10/usbackroads-destination-highway-191n.html

Moab is a LOT more crowded these days.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

We came across I-70 from Loveland CO to Thompson Springs UT yesterday.  I have been on worse roads but it has been awhile.  Colorado needs to spend some money soon on repaving I-70.  

We are at a nice little park about 25 miles north of Moab right off I-70.  All gravel but full hookups and pull through sites that are over 100' long.  Amazing as it is, they don't gouge you on price either, I think we are under $40 a night.

Ballard RV Park, Thompson Springs UT

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

I’m heading to Moab late Sept from Bosie ID. Staying at Moab Rim RV Park just south of town. For some reason most all campgrounds in the area are filled up. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Late Sept. is the time when many full-timers or snowbirders begin their southbound trek to AZ, CA or TX for the winter season.  They hit all those parks on the way down when it's cool temps.  Also, foreigners do their trips of all the national parks at that time.  

Toward the end of Sept is also a skydive festival, road bike tour and 'Pride' festival.  There's always something going on in Moab!

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel