Wireless back-up cameras from Amazon?

Kirk W

I definitely will, but it's going to be a few weeks at least.  My TT is in for warranty work, and they are ridiculously behind on it.  I won't order the product until I have the trailer, so I can install/test and return it if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

About the suppliers of wireless, back-up cameras, we are familiar with a few brands, for example, voyager, furrion and haloview, etc , but we prefer to the Haloview, because of it"s quality and excellent public reputation.

We would order from Amazon IF the product met our needs. We have had the backup cam on both 5th wheels for years. We use it mainly as a rear view mirrors .We do use it to back up when needed however the person not driving is the main back up cam.It works just fine.It is hard wired our choice. We purchased the unit from RVcams .com in 2006 and it is still operating normally. It is IMO a valuable tool for Rv/ing.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:25 PM, richfaa said:

We would order from Amazon IF the product met our needs. We have had the backup cam on both 5th wheels for years. We use it mainly as a rear view mirrors .We do use it to back up when needed however the person not driving is the main back up cam.It works just fine.It is hard wired our choice. We purchased the unit from RVcams .com in 2006 and it is still operating normally. It is IMO a valuable tool for Rv/ing.

Wow,  I believe the rear view system will help you more, not only is the back up, we also could use it to observe the surrounding situation avoiding  suffering from unexpected disaster.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, Kirk W said:

I know that this has come up before but with the steady change in camera technology I was wondering if anyone has used any of the currently listed, wireless, back-up cameras from Amazon, or some other supplier? I keep considering one for our little tin box travel trailer.

Hey Kirk... I was running into a similar problem not too long ago for my motorhome and a friend suggested I look into Red Peak camera systems- I ended up going with their wireless Wi-Fi Camera kit and I love it.

I can live stream the camera through my phone so there is no drilling in any monitor screens into my dashboard (although they do have kits with monitors if that is what you're interested in). 

Prices are very reasonable and the owner of the company shipped my order out the day after I ordered it. I have only used it once but it was incredible and there were no arguments with the wife...could not have made a better purchase!